Changeable and unsettled weather. Anyone out....

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
...this weekend?
Back on the GUC for me Sunday. Interclub fixture at Leighton Buzzard. Never seen the place but being the GU it's fairly predictable..
Monday an Open on the match lake at Farlows in Uxbridge. Tricky bream, tench and the odd carp the targets on this medium sized pit. Need to draw well here...

Anyone else out this weekend?

dangermouse

Reaction score
As long as the forecast stays the same I`ll be out on Sunday, either the canal or the club pond not decided which yet.

C

chefster

Fished at TBF today 59lb of carp, F1,s,skimmers ,tench,and Barbel,conditions far from ideal,but caught steady on 2+2 on chop/slop/caster,tomorrows match is now @ Spring pools,Rugby,the wind is supposed to be dropping-but so is the temp!!so it will probably be a pellet jobbie:mad:

B

binka

Hopefully getting out on Sunday all being well, i've no idea where or what in search of but i'm determined to wet a line somewhere :)

aebitim

Reaction score
Not out the weekend but fished today with dorser and chub, had a few fish and much amused by the antics of phil and his pole when a large carp took a liking to the lilly pads. A really good day out.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Out tomorrow - I'll keep my fingers x'ed that you get peg 13 at Farlows by the pads Simon.
Jerry

C

chefster

Fished a match at Spring Pools @ Rugby today,it was a lovely sunny day,by contrast to yesterday,53lb won it,40lb8oz-second,and i managed third with a level 40lb.i caught 16 carp,1 crucian and 1 roach.Caught steadily all day,losing quite a lot of fish though @11m,13m,14.5 and finally 16m all on 4 and 6mm expanders feeding micros and 4mm feed pellets...16 fished and it was a great day in good company..cheers Gaz

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
Not out the weekend but fished today with dorser and chub, had a few fish and much amused by the antics of phil and his pole when a large carp took a liking to the lilly pads. A really good day out.

Thanks mate, doubled my laundry this week that fish did :D

C

chefster

No fishing this w/end-due to work!:( open match at TBF on Tues ,then match at Dog Lane Fishery@Napton on Thurs:):)

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Spent the last week or so exploring my club lakes/ponds. Got absolutely soaked on Tuesday afternoon and was told I should have gone for the clubs vacant Crucian record. Trouble was, it wasn't :)

14052013342.jpg

Had a few similar (very ornamental fins!) and some small Tench, good, but very wet, fun.

Gear might be dry by Saturday so will head for another pond and see what's there.

sam vimes

Reaction score
I think I may have a couple of days off. I've been fishing almost every day for the last two weeks.:)