Out of the Shadows

Gary Dolman

Reaction score
Nice article Jeff, I,m glad your enthusiasm has returned, sorry about your dog though, I still miss mine although we had to have her put down 6 yrs ago. I hope you get another chance, I look forward to reading the next chapter. Some times it is the partial successes which are so memorable, wouldn't it be boring if it wasn't for the "one that got away".

J

Jim Crosskey 2

Jeff

Nice to have you back -sorry about your dog, been through it so understand completely.

Areyou going to be targetting those carp now? Do let us know how you get on -there are carp in my local thames weirpool, though my efforts so far have been unrewarded.. tight lines

Jim

MarT

Reaction score
Nice article Jeff, I know what you mean about your declining interest in fishing,I think it happens to us all during our lives ...but its great when the excitment comes back because its like starting again.

Really sorry about your dog...been there and know how much it hurts, but celebrate his life knowing that you gave him the best life you could.

Chin up and good angling.

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Jeff

Sorry about all your recent troubles, but it is nice to see you out and about again.(Sincere head on, doesn't happen often)

But now I'm confused, do I bring the spinning, barbel or carp gear next time I get invited to fish the CA , he says, making a HUGE assumption that he will ever get invited to cross those hallowed lawns again......!

F

Fred Bonney

I haven't been attached to a dog since I was a kid Jeff, but I think I can understand how you feel.

Tough luck on the biggy though, it'll still be there for your next trip.

A good read

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Jeff. I can tell you for a fact that, that section fishes better with a bit more water on than the picture./forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Graham

W

Wolfman Woody

Appreciate that chaps, especially Cakey's "young Jeff".

I target barbel always, but as I fish with big drilled hair-rigged pellets and or boilies then there's every likelyhood of catching those carp also.

Kevin - anytime my friend. Bring it all down with you /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your dog Jeff, terrible news /forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

Good luck with the weirpool carp and remember what I said the other day!

Morespiders

Reaction score
Perhaps you could use a hook with a whisker barb onnext time?.

You deserve to lose em.

Silly ole bugger GEOFFREY!!.

Morespiders

Reaction score
GEOFF, can I come and play on your lawn?.

Will lend you one of my hooks /forum/smilies/hot_smiley.gif

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Truely sorry to hear about the loss of your dog Jeff.

Good to have you back though, so why are you sitting on the PC writing, go and get the bigun, that carp has your name written all over him/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Yoggy999

Reaction score
Nice read mate. Sorry about Rolo. I lost both my Labswithin a year of each other.

It was bloody horrible. Best mates I`ve ever had.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Really sorry to hear about your best mate Jeff.

Sound like you're all fired up on the fishing front again, good on ya mate /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Now go and get that biggie!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
There are no words that suffice when a loved dog gets to the end of the road, but Jeff, you have my sympathies, I've been through that twice so I know how you feel.

Now, listen up - I'm pretty busy so I can hardly waste time reading stories about 'the ones that get away' right, so get yer 'young' butt back down there and lets see the story of how you caught the damn thing, okay?

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
Jeff - a truly sad day when a loyal friends time has come and the longest trip ever when you head for the vets. My thoughts are with you.

When that 20 comes to hand you should dedicate it to long lost friends.

Best wishes.