New,old member, greetings !

neal webb

Reaction score
Hello All.
I have been an inactive member of FM for ages.
Lately I have been scanning different forums with a view to eventually actively joining one.
I suppose I would class myself as an enthusiastic, relatively successful and sometimes unsuccessful, specimen angler. I do like targeting species by design....this doesn't always work but on the whole generally does.
Favourite species are Perch, Pike, Eels and just recently Crucian Carp.
My Perch and Pike fishing, I would gauge, as being satisfied with.
My Eel angling, although one of my definite favourites, rates as dismally unsuccessful...for Eels anyway.
I fish a Carp syndicate in Sussex and I'm one of the very few predator anglers in it. the Pike and Perch fishing is very satisfactory but my Eel campaign, over the last few seasons, has produced zero Eels but many Carp...all on the JS Eel rig. I shall continue in my quest regardless.
The Crucian Carp looks like becoming another favoured species of mine. Regarding this species I am a beginner but have recently received some guiding that has kicked my enthusiasm up a level.
FM looks like a forum that is both friendly, helpful and informative.
I look forward to joining in the fun.
Neal.

neal webb

Reaction score
Welcome to FM Neal, have you tried for the Marsh Farm crucians?
Jerry

Hi Jerry.
I was at Marsh Farm last week and had a few Crucians biggest just under 2lb. Problem was the Tench. I must have had a dozen at least up to 5lb. If it was a tench session I would have been well pleased. It seems that the Tench now dominate and the Crucians find it hard to compete. On talking to a few regulars it seems this evolution is killing the fishery as a prime Crucian water.
I'm rejoining GAS this July with a view to fishing Enton. Reports of very good Crucians on their.
I would be interested to know if any other members are GAS members as well...and if so what's their view on the future of Marsh Farm as a Crucian venue ?

barbelboi

Reaction score
Neal, I've fished MF since shortly after it was opened. IMO most, if not all, of the 4lb'ers have probably passed on - definitely more pressurized than it used to be a few years ago, although there still seems to be a fair head of 3's and a lot of small ones coming on. I was there on Monday and had never seen the water so clear (everything seems to be running a month late this year) although the first shelf drop produced some good fish.

If you join the club the adjacent Johnsons pit is where the original stock of crucians were introduced from and you've probably more chance of a '4' from there.
Jerry