Two piece float rods?

Paul C

Reaction score
I've noticed a few manufacturers are making 2 piece 12 foot float rods these days.

Now, as with most items of new gear, I don't really need it and until I saw they made one, didn't realise I wanted one. /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

However, I fish a local lake somewhat on spec if you like. Imagine the scene, wife flicks over to channel 4 to watch big brother, I let outa big moan and decide at 8pm to duck out for a quick two hours with corn and pellets in hope ofa bream or tench, float fishing close in. Given that I may then spend a bit of time each session setting up pretty much the same rig, I though, why not get a one of these 2 piece rods and leave it set up all the time? I would really love big brother to then carry on all summer long.........../forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

I've seen a few on the web, a Korum Neoteric and also a Drennan puddle chucker (sounds a bit pastie carp based, so may be over-gunned).

Has anyone got one?Any recommendations are will these be too heavy for what I want to use it for (fish upto 4lb tops)?

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
I have a MAP CFS 2 piece 12ft medium power waggler rod which is rated to 4lbs line. Have it made up mainly for saving time at matches. Light, responsive and well finished it was well worth the £65 I paid. So far had fish to 5lbs odd on it without too many problems. Also comes with a special bag so it can be carried made up with the reel fitted.

Would seem ideal for what you want.

I also have a 2 piece Neoteric 1.75 TC Avon Quiver but that is designed for much bigger fish and over £100.