Course Fishing Scotland

Chris Campbell

Reaction score
Was wondering what governing bodies there are for fishing in Scotland. For example England have the Angling Trust.
On places like the Tweed because of the Salmon this river is well looked after from poaching and so on. How ever places that are free to fish like a lot of waters in south west Scotland for pike and course fish are getting destroyed by anglers from eastern Europe. These waters being free to fish should be an absolute privilege. How ever it looks like some people just look at them as an opportunity to abuse by leaving litter all over the place and killing everything they catch no matter what size.
What can be done about it? My worry is these little unique places will be decimated in years to come. I would love for my kids and other peoples kids to be able to grow up and enjoy what these places have to offer.

Chris Campbell

Reaction score
Don't think any of the rules will apply in Scotland and if they did there isn't anyone to enforce them and look after the waters. If you could I would do it and think many others would voluntarily when your out fishing. Would be handy if you had some sort of bailiff ID so you can be taken seriously. Noticed the Angling Trust are doing something on volunteer bailiffs but this wont apply in Scotland.

bullmoose_jackson

Reaction score
Sounds like the problem in Ireland.

All natural venues are entirely free for coarse fishing here. All natural venues are getting hammered by poachers.

Andrew Macfarlane

Reaction score
Sounds like the problem in Ireland.

All natural venues are entirely free for coarse fishing here. All natural venues are getting hammered by poachers.

Have a think about that for a second.

All natural venues are free, yet all natural venues are hammered by poachers??

Explain....:wh

bullmoose_jackson

Reaction score
Have a think about that for a second.

All natural venues are free, yet all natural venues are hammered by poachers??

Explain....:wh

Gladly.

Poachers refers to those who illegally take fish.

It is against the law to remove any more than four deadbait-sized fish per day in Ireland.

Consequently, those who remove more than their allocation are poaching natural, free venues.