Rod License In Scotland

Chris Campbell

Reaction score
Would this be a good idea or a bad idea?
I think it would be a great idea to have this as it would hopefully weed out the clowns who have no respect for fishing or the countryside.
I would not mind paying for a yearly rod licence if the money I am paying in is going towards makeing our waters better for fishing. I have seen the benifits waters looked after by fishing clubs have so why not have it on a larger scale.

Chris Campbell

Reaction score
Well for what it costs a year say £30 don't know what the cost is down south. If this goes to helping improve water quality, fish quality, help stop people poaching and fishind badly. The list is endless, it would be money well spent as far as I am concerned.:)

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The licence fee in England and Wales is by and large a waste of money and the EA involves itself in cosmetic activities whilst appearing ineffectual on issues of poaching and licence-dodging. We should cherish the fact that there is no fishing tax in Scotland.

My experience of fishing in Scotland, on the Spey, the Tweed, the Helmsdale and on the Highland lochs is that the riparian owners/estates have it managed well enough and don't need a raft of jobsworths above them.

grantfraser27

Reaction score
certainly a very bad idea, there is no need to change it so no point introducing it, keeping poaching at bay should be the responsbility of the estates.

fred hall

Reaction score
The licence fee in England and Wales is by and large a waste of money and the EA involves itself in cosmetic activities whilst appearing ineffectual on issues of poaching and licence-dodging. We should cherish the fact that there is no fishing tax in Scotland.

My experience of fishing in Scotland, on the Spey, the Tweed, the Helmsdale and on the Highland lochs is that the riparian owners/estates have it managed well enough and don't need a raft of jobsworths above them.

couldn't agree more