Fishing dream/wish

rains

Reaction score
If you could have any fishing dream/wish come true what would it be personally i would love to travel back to the eara of the dinosaur to do some freshwater lure fishing :cool:

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If you could have any fishing dream/wish come true what would it be personally i would love to travel back to the eara of the dinosaur to do some freshwater lure fishing :cool:

"Oh sh1t ... I've hooked a REAL Monster..."

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Take some modern tackle with you. As a stunt and to prove a point to someone, a very fine Indian mahseer angler who had begun fishing with such tackle as a very young man in the 1930s, I spent a morning after Ganges mahseer with a 10ft split-cane heavy salmon-spinning rod, a 4-inch Hardy Super Silex centrepin, 18lb mono (my one concession to modernity) and a variety of old mahseer spoons (Hogbacks and the like). I really wished that I hadn't hooked that 33-pounder, wished that a reel handle hadn't caught a knuckle as it did a 60-yard first run down a full rapid... Brutal fishing.

iannate

The fish made me do it!
Reaction score
Without resorting to companionship, I have a double edged wish / dream that is to design a river fed lake by my house that I design and yet at the same time discover a never fished river fed lake miles from anywhere where I have exclusive access to the river up and downstream, with room to build a house that I design.

I'm not sure if I can ever make my mind up.

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
I should have pointed out that the private estate lake with tench that i was visualising would be owned by me and maybe run to about 100 acres or so. While I am at it, there could also be a couple of miles of the Dorset Stour or something similar in one remote corner, past the ancient woodland in some valley floor wetland. Oh and it would be maybe 1880 or 1960, still undecided on that.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Oh and it would be maybe 1880 or 1960, still undecided on that.

Bloody hell Caco, 1880? you'd probably be stuck up a chimney somewhere or working down mill..........no time for fishing. 1960? I was still on pedal power then with cane rods and bloody Mitchells..........you're easily pleased;)
Jerry

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
Bloody hell Caco, 1880? you'd probably be stuck up a chimney somewhere or working down mill..........no time for fishing. 1960? I was still on pedal power then with cane rods and bloody Mitchells..........you're easily pleased;)
Jerry

No i would own the estate - important bit to consider that.

The date thing is a difficult issue though, especially for tench. In 1880 id be lucky to find a 3Iber, by 1960 they only got to about 6Ib. Maybe if i went ahead to 2180 they be reaching 25Ib?

barbelboi

Reaction score
Know what you mean, I feel that I own our club estate lake some days.......seven beautiful padded acres and during the week if there are six others on it it's crowded:D
Jerry

john step

Reaction score
I would to go back in time with the knowledge and tackle and bait I have nowto my earlier haunts. Oh and while I am at it I would like 40 years knocked off my age please.

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
Another vote for the exclusive private lake to fish for Tench, Crucians, Roach and Rudd, in no given order.

The joys of having no-one to witness the missed strkes, horrendous tangles, foul language and tackle dangling from tree branches.

barbelboi

Reaction score
The only downer on our estate lake is the absence of crucians although it certainly makes up for it with the quality of the tench and silvers - and the scenery. To make up for that one of our pits holds crucians to 4lb and two of the farm ponds have some smaller ones to around 2.8lbs.
Jerry
PS Looking forward to a session there tomorrow.:)
barbelboi-albums-pics-3-picture3125-not-muddy-hole-ground.jpg