The Angling Trust – What is it? And What has it Achieved?

iannate

The fish made me do it!
Reaction score
Because make no mistake, many of the real enemies of angling are in fact people who themselves fish. And they are this because they are short-sighted or mean, or have their heads in that bucket of sand I mentioned. Do you?

Says it all really, and I agree.

I was dubious about joining but have been convinced by others comments on this forum to join.

I would rather risk losing a few quid than fishing.

If you haven't joined, I suggest you do; at the end of the day it is one or two sessions fishing bait for a years membership.

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
I really don't like these sort of Threads, they quickly become a personal insult slanging match.

I'm a member / I'm not a member ..... and this is why you should / this is why i don't ...... apathy this and the end of the world that.

If you enjoy fishing, pay for your Rod Licences, Club Licences, Day Tickets etc etc and abide by the Fishery Rules and Regulations then that is all anyone can really ask from a angler.

Anything you do on top of this, such as joinging the Angling Trust is a bonus, it should not be a gimme and certainly should not be frowned on no matter what side of the fence you sit on.

Keep the comments clean and impersonal, or shut it down again.

richiekelly

Reaction score
It took a long time for me to join but in the end I did, the one thing that made me join was the threat to our rivers from hydro, still a lot I don't agree with and don't know if I will keep my membership up but for the moment I will just keep watching.

Reaction score
I really don't like these sort of Threads, they quickly become a personal insult slanging match.

I'm a member / I'm not a member ..... and this is why you should / this is why i don't ...... apathy this and the end of the world that.

If you enjoy fishing, pay for your Rod Licences, Club Licences, Day Tickets etc etc and abide by the Fishery Rules and Regulations then that is all anyone can really ask from a angler.

Anything you do on top of this, such as joinging the Angling Trust is a bonus, it should not be a gimme and certainly should not be frowned on no matter what side of the fence you sit on.

Keep the comments clean and impersonal, or shut it down again.

Hi Steph,

Hope you're well mate; haven't seen you since Marsbar's retirement do... when Jim impaled himself on a hook whilst we were discussing angling injuries...

Here's my twopenneth....

(Pretty sure I'm agreeing with you)

Personally, I am not a rich man and I have to count the pennies most months,

But I reckon I've managed to find my subs in 6 out of the last 8-10 years to be a member of the ACA/ Angling Trust.

I have also volunteered for the Trust at a couple of shows/ game fairs...

I have also plugged the Trust where possible in all the commercial writing I have done.

The way I see it, I am doing my best, within my means, to play the long game for our sport and environment, and ensure that our rivers, canals and stillwaters will get the protection they deserve and still be there for my kids....

It's that simple for me...I love fish and watery environments... and hate stuff that threatens it... so I'm a member.

Last edited:

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
Hello ****y .... yeah, it's been a long long time. That's the last time i've fished (nothing to do with you lot putting me off) :D Jim really did impale himself with that hook, at least he caught something that wekend. Good to hear from you again.

I have no persoanl feelings towards whether or not anyone wishes to or not join the Angling Trust, i just don't like the personal attacks (not on me) that arise from such topics.

My extra money (when i have any, which isn't very often) goes to Cancer Research or Macmillan as they helped our family alot while my Dad RIP was battling Lung and Throat Cancer.

Fishing is my Hobby, it's something i enjoy doing, giving money to cancer research will one day help to save more lives, for me it is a higher priority than my fishing. It's not me being morbid, just me putting things in to perspective for myself.

Is the Angling Trust a good idea? Yes, i'm sure it is, it just isn't a priority to me. I respect anyone who is or isn't, that's how it should be, it's not often the case though.

Reaction score
It took a long time for me to join but in the end I did, the one thing that made me join was the threat to our rivers from hydro, still a lot I don't agree with and don't know if I will keep my membership up but for the moment I will just keep watching.

http://www.fishingmagic.com/forums/members/****y-angling-trust-pac--albums-river-magic-picture3519-fm-untitled.jpg