Anyone fishing this holiday weekend?

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
An improvement in the weather due for Sunday and Monday.
I will be fishing the 2nd of this years 6 opens on Marsworth ressie Sunday.
Practiced it yesterday and it was hard going, (had 1 bream and 1 roach) probably due to the chilly NW wind. There was also a mass hatch of Mayflies and the Swifts, Swallows and Martins were going beserk. Possibly the fish may have been preoccupied with them too?
Anyone else out?

fozzie41

Reaction score
Ill be out for my first time Sunday morning, so the better weather is welcomed :)

nicepix

Reaction score
This weekend isn't a bank holiday in France for a change.

We were planning to have been off to the coast now but the weather forecast caused us to delay until Saturday. Hopefully then I'll be after a few mullet and roach in the saline canals and spinning for bass off the rocks. If things go to plan I might get some perch and zander plugging too on our way back.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Friday forecast looks grim, as does Monday. Saturday and Sunday look ok though so I suspect that I may break out the bivvy again. I've got plenty of other stuff to do before Wednesday though, so it's a good excuse not to suffer in the poor weather.

B

binka

I've ordered a couple of pints of casters and a kilo of worms and hope to get a couple of sessions in on light waggler tackle for mainly roach on a nice local lake and really looking forward to it, if I can get 'em going it will be a fish a chuck with a good stamp size and a few to 1 1/2lbs.

If... I can get 'em going lol :)

robtherake

Reaction score
I've ordered a couple of pints of casters and a kilo of worms and hope to get a couple of sessions in on light waggler tackle for mainly roach on a nice local lake and really looking forward to it, if I can get 'em going it will be a fish a chuck with a good stamp size and a few to 1 1/2lbs.

If... I can get 'em going lol :)

Snap! Last season saw some good roach catches from a local water to just under two. Pulled out of a couple of surface flappers that looked far bigger.
I'm hoping to renew their acquaintance on Saturday afternoon/evening.

dangermouse

Reaction score
There`s a possibility I might have a car over the weekend and if I do I`ll be going off somewhere for a few hours on Saturday, maybe Hickleton, maybe another place I`ve seen. Sunday morning I`ll be down on the canal for a short session. Monday I`m not sure yet.

C

chefster

Hang on in there chef, we'll try and catch a few extra for you mate :)

Hopefully you,ll do better than me "blowing a flyer" peg 1 on Barby Banks today!!! came runners-up in the pairs though! Tight lines mate,Gaz:D I,m actually glad i,m working,with the weather like it is!!Blowing a hoolie!!!!

Last edited: