Worksop lad

snagfinder

Reaction score
Hi all

My names Phil
From Worksop ,Notts aged 48 been fishing for 40 years off and on
Spent the 80 to 90s around the local match circuit
more pleasure now but may look to join a club again to enjoy the craic
love the feeder for bream on waters such as Welbeck , Clumber and Langold lake where i grew up

Cheers Guys Phil

B

binka

Welcome aboard Phil, i'll give you a shout next time i'm down on the Chessie at Rhodesia... i've been looking at Welbeck for some time now but the no fishing on Sunday bit puts me off, we once had an invite on a duck decoy lake and three of us shared twenty seven pike in three hours!

Tight lines mate, hope you enjoy

snagfinder

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Phil, i'll give you a shout next time i'm down on the Chessie at Rhodesia... i've been looking at Welbeck for some time now but the no fishing on Sunday bit puts me off, we once had an invite on a duck decoy lake and three of us shared twenty seven pike in three hours!

Tight lines mate, hope you enjoy

Do that mate i fished that stretch years ago as my mates house backed on to it , used to watch a big shoal of bream and dream os snarin one never did
I think the best strech is further down ay the back of Sandhill Lake but i dont know thw stretch at Rohdesia any more
Yup The Sunday thing sucks about time they sorted it

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hi all

My names Phil
From Worksop ,Notts aged 48 been fishing for 40 years off and on
Spent the 80 to 90s around the local match circuit
more pleasure now but may look to join a club again to enjoy the craic
love the feeder for bream on waters such as Welbeck , Clumber and Langold lake where i grew up

Cheers Guys Phil

Has Clumber still got fish in it Phil ?
thought the Polish community had nicked them all :D :D :D :D
Welcome to the forum mate, enjoy :)

snagfinder

Reaction score
Has Clumber still got fish in it Phil ?
thought the Polish community had nicked them all :D :D :D :D
Welcome to the forum mate, enjoy :)

Oh yes just not as easy as it used to be
my lad had a double figure tench last season .the bream you would not belive . lot of doubles come out to the carp boys
look on the angling times go fishing vids of clumber ,its on youtube aswell
a local match star bags on the feeder doubles included ,
Now the carp i can talk about as we sat and watched a group last season that made the hair stand up god nows what they whieghed

---------- Post added at 12:28 ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 ----------

Phil, welcome mate, enjoy the site.
By the way, I hear the canal in wa'sups bi:confused:n dredged-- is it true ?

To be honest mate i dont fish the canal that often as its like the A1 with bikes and poeple who have just as much right as me to be there
but my temprement is not suited to arguiment more hands on
we walk it a lot with the dogs and i would say that it has not been dregged for a while but i may be wrong
the dredge barge was moored at the British waterways dock near the Lockkeeper pud for while last year but didnt see it move

B

binka

I know there's been a lot of work around Shireoaks and on in to Worksop, we fished it the beginning of March and BW's workboat Python had been out and about with plenty of signs of bankside tree and bush cutting, not sure about actual dredging though.