Angling Unity

davestocker

Reaction score
I ask because the Salmon & Trout Association appear think so, having last week achieved charitable status which, it seems, now precludes them from being part of FACT.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
An interesting development,

Quoted from the S&TA information pages:

"During the English Angling Unity's 'Due Diligence' process, it has been confirmed that S&TA, as a Charity, needs to be self-governing. . . . . ."

This being the case then I'd assume that there will now be a two-tier membership of "English Angling Unity" (EAU)

Is that going to be the name of the new body I wonder?

Where does this now leave the ACA with regard to their position in the EAU?

B

Bill Cox

theres no reason why they cannot work alongside fact it just needs a will to do so on both sides.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I totally agree Bill, however, as a non-fully participating member I do have some reservations, particularly in the case of the ACA.

While there may be a 'will' there are some serious Company Law considerations to be taken into account.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes Bill, no problem.

As a participating member they would have equal voting rights, however, as a 'sidelined' member whilst their voice might be heard, it would not carry the same weight as that as a full member.

I mentioned this some time ago on a different 'Unity' thread with little or no response from the anyone in the ACA, althought I have been in correspondence with them in the meantime.

The ACA have a very complicated "corporate" structure, and I am on record here to my opposition to the ACA loosing their independance by joining with this 'unified' body.

I will gladly take this up with you on PM to avoid any 'contamination' of this thread though.