Solar Shelf Life Boilies & 365 Pellets

david wray

Reaction score
Hi to all

Has anyone used any of the Solar shelf life boilies & 365 matching pellets, and how do you rate them, i have been using some fish frenzy boilies for last couple of years and i am not catching very well on them as i have in the past, i think they might have 'blown' and am keen to try Solar, would appreciate some advice on what you think of them and methods you use please,

thanks

R

Roto Fryer

dont use any shelf life boilies as they have been shown to be harmful to fish.

F

Frothey

where was that paper Roto?

i've used the pellets, they are very pellet-like and Lockie/Solar know how to make a bait that catches fish. put it in front of a feeding fish and you are likely to get a pick up. Like Roto says though, I'd much prefer to use their freezer bait.......

R

Roto Fryer

There are two papers one German and one English. Although the methodology left a bit to be desired, in both, it was there for all to see that preservatives could cause problems.

F

Frothey

thats the prob though isn't it, flawed methodology and it "could" cause problems, rather than "does".

how do solar preserve their baits?

david wray

Reaction score
Thanks roto & frothey,

i have only ordered a 400g bag of the secret & club mix to try, ill see what works best and then get their freezer baits, anyone know what bait companies roll solar baits for a good price?

thanks

F

Frothey

Solar do! If you buy enough (and to be honest wherever you go you have to buy in bulk) go direct to Solar. No ones going to undercut them lol!

david wray

Reaction score
Hi frothey thanks,

i read in another thread you were fishing at upper & lower Tamardo you still fish there?

F

Frothey

i did a bit on lower last year..... haven't done much this year anywhere!

out of interest, you can really judge a bait on 400g of it and one session - people give up on baits too quickly. between the two you've mentiones, I'd go with the club mix and get some (winter) secret pop-ups. the secret is really a carbohydrate attractor bait, not a longterm food source.

david wray

Reaction score
fished a few nites on the lower one but not a bite, will being going back on upper when the bait arrives, thanx for the advice will try out both but will get some club mix freezer bait, i here what you say about the winter secret, the clu mix sounds good i used to do well when using anchovie meal in home made baits, thanks again for the advice, might see you at tamar in the future, tight lines!!

F

Frothey

dont expect to catch many, or regularly from the lower...... which is why i fished it. bit more of a challenge than a lot of the lakes around our way.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
i've had ok results on club mix, both frozen and shelf life. although am currently using frozen i've yet to notice a difference. we will see in the long term.