How did everyone get on then?

B

binka

What a glorious Bank Holiday weekend once again... How did everyone get on then?

I managed six hours on Sunday on virgin water as far as "normal" fishing goes, i've been jig fishing it over the winter for pike and perch and i've been gagging to give it a go on wag and worm and Sunday was my chance.

Started off slow but the bites started to come with the feeding and I eventually finished with three roach... backed up by nineteen perch and thirty seven skimmers all caught a couple of rod lengths out on a gentle slope in seven feet of water :)

In true style I returned to the same water today armed with feeder gear and pellets ready to empty the place and... blanked!

Still... chuffed with Sundays outing for a first try, a decent stamp size with a few quality fish amongst 'em

So then, how did everyone get on?

C

chefster

Nice catch mate,that kept you busy,by the way is that keepnet classed as an antique yet!!:D:D I had a really good day yesterday-started at 7am--cooked breakfasts:(then roast dinners:mad:then suppers:mad::mad::mad:cheers Gaz

B

binka

by the way is that keepnet classed as an antique yet!!:D:D

:D Oi watch it mush... I resemble that comment.

You would have said that about the wicker basket I was sat on, got a few funny looks I can tell you :)

dangermouse

Reaction score
Had a few hours on the canal Sun. morning. The wind was causing a terrible tow and I abandoned my session after just over 3 hours with just a hybrid and a perch to show for my efforts.

dorsetandchub

Reaction score

You would have said that about the wicker basket I was sat on, got a few funny looks I can tell you :)

If you get that wicker where you don't want it, you'd probably give OUT a few funny looks as well :)

Nice net of fish, looked a lot of fun.

lufc

Reaction score
Shocking, went out on the "banker" club water, got there at 5.30 am one dropped run all day, are they getting ready to spawn thought it would be a bit early yet what with the cold weather and all ???? Lots of good fish cruising in two's and three's just below the surface :eek:

C

chefster

Anyway i,m going on matches on weds to Dog lane,Sat to Stockton,Tues to Toft carp lake,Thurs TBA, sun to Tunnel Barn Farm,to make up for havin to work this w/end--and i might fit in a couple of pleasure sessions as well!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Well, the anticipation, preparation and sleepless night before the Open on Tring Res turned into a hard but weatherwise pleasant day for most. Myself and about 12 other unfortunates blanked! The winning pegs were all in one area.
5 bream for 22lb won with all the follow ups framing from adjacent pegs....
19 fished....

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In between potting up in buckets and putting out sunwards nearly 30 young home-grown tomato plants, from would-be giant to something you could crop from on a windowsill) I managed to pop out with a pal and blat out a whole load of trout (all still swimming, though some of the denizens fishing an adjacent stretch clearly had ideas about freezers and barbies and the hero hunter returning home). Oh well.