Fishing partner for ..

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
Now this might be a very tall order, but .........

My dad has moved to the Algarve in Portugal and would dearly love to get out fishing on odd occasions. He's got himself a beach set-up but isn't really a sea fisherman. He also has a nice late Allcocks Mk4 with a Trudex that I got for him. There are quite a few places to carp fish out there but he doesn't like to go on his own.

If anyone has any contacts in the Algarve who get out occasionally and wouldn't mind a Victor Meldrew type tagging along then I would be eternally grateful for their contact details so that I can get him out some. Mum would be even more grateful /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
mmm how grateful would your mum be ? Got any photos ? /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

only joking, I know what its like being stuck in the house not able to go fishing for lack of a buddy to go with. Us men need to boast of our fights with the monsters of the deep or the one that got away.

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
Trev!!

Mum's 70 and dad's only three months younger. Mind you, that's my sort of humour.

Mum would also enjoy that joke and might even be tempted just to get rid of the old boy for a day or two /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif