Food baits/Pre-baiting

Nathan

Reaction score
I want to target a couple of small lakes near me that only contains a few carp. IdeallyI want to pre-bait a few of the quiter spots but im unsure about what kind of approach to take.

The lakesare fished on lightly throughout most of the year with people either float or carp fishing so they have seen anglers baits but it's only ever got a few people there if any. I know both approaches have caught carp but what can I do to improve my chances? I already know a few of the carp's patrol routes so i'm half way there by getting location sorted.

E

EC

Your last sentence sums it up Nathan, start off with basic baits, corn, meat, pellets, wormsor whatever it is you have confidence in mate.

If you know where they go I personally wouldn't put too much baitin, just a sprinkling to see what they do thenif you can see the fish respond take it from there, if they get their heads down happy days, if they scatter, at the sight of corn for example, then change bait!

aaron martin

Reaction score
i would say the same as Eddie C once you know were they swim round then its just a case of putting your bait in their swim path.