Inline Leads

pez

Reaction score
Last season i was ledgering for chub and barbel using an inline lead, a passer by noticed my rig and said " you dont want to use them inline things if your after barbel" before i could ask why he had gone. So my question is what and when are they used for, as in my novice eyes they seem that they would be a lot more streamlined in flight and hold bottom just as well as other leads. Any advice Pez.

Lark

Reaction score
If you are fishing predominently on rivers for chub and barbel then alternative set-ups will give you much more range and flexibility to your approach.

Whether you choose a free-running bead link, Korda type weight clip or the rubber semi-fixed links similar to Solar or Fox - these will all give you the ability to change rigs quickly to suit your needs. You may want to change the weight of your lead, change from lead to feeder, step up or down in feeder or lead size and type.

This can all be done more easily without breaking down and re-tying like you would do with an in-line set up.

This becomes even morerelevent if you're fishing 'on the move' and need to change your approach quite frequently.