Mackerel

Sid Little

Reaction score
Hi

Just wondering if mackerel or other species can be caught from spinning from the beach?
I'm going to be in and around bognor next week and fancy taking a rod

Terry D

Reaction score
I've seen them close in at West Wittering just along the coast, so just get out and try it although it still may be too early in the season just yet.

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
Went out on a boat Saturday off Saundersfoot, South Wales, six of us had 60+ in an hour and a half in 20-24'0 of water. For the most part, mainly small and the skipper reckoned water temperatures are still quite low so the larger fish are further out.

sam vimes

Reaction score
the skipper reckoned water temperatures are still quite low so the larger fish are further out.

A friend has just come back from a week in Devon/Cornwall and was told exactly the same. He generally tries for, and catches, bass, mackerel and mullet from the shore. This time round he couldn't find any bass or mackerel. The local tackle shops told him the same story as your skipper.

aebitim

Reaction score
Makerel just starting to show in numbers on chesil, bass hit and miss at the moment and unusually pollock are not showing at all.

Sid Little

Reaction score
Hmmmmm

Thanks for the replies

Thats a shame

Its not been a great summer so far

---------- Post added at 21:34 ---------- Previous post was at 21:30 ----------

Just out of interest I was wondering which lure you would recommend for macks?

Cheers

Clive Owden

Reaction score
Just come back from Poole harbour beach fishing and plenty of School Bass being caught along with Mackerel from the harbour entrance, Redgills for the Bass and feathers for Mackerel