what feeder rod to buy

B

berniewood

This question will have been asked a thousand times I know, but I'm looking for a good feeder rod that will last, intended species of fish will be mainly commercial fishery fish with the odd skimmer thrown.
My only worry that woodland lakes at Thirsk where I will be using it, holds a few fish into the lower double figures, but what I've red regards feeder rods is that a 10ft feeder should be able to cope
My budget is around £50.00 but I could extend that depending on recommendations.
I'll be checking a 28gram method pellet feeder mainly
Any recommendations please.

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Can only recommend what I use for EXACTLY the sort of fishing you are describing Bernie.

Middy 'The Works' 10ft Feeder rod with 2 carbon push-in tips and rated to 10lb reel line - £49.99

It has a lovely action and I use it with a 25g Drennan flat Method feeder which it will chuck into the middle of next week if required!

So far I've had fish up to 10lb on it, but it coped fine and I've no doubt that it will be okay with bigger lumps.

However others will have their recommendations and the market is flooded with rods like that, at that price.

bullmoose_jackson

Reaction score
This question will have been asked a thousand times I know, but I'm looking for a good feeder rod that will last, intended species of fish will be mainly commercial fishery fish with the odd skimmer thrown.
My only worry that woodland lakes at Thirsk where I will be using it, holds a few fish into the lower double figures, but what I've red regards feeder rods is that a 10ft feeder should be able to cope
My budget is around £50.00 but I could extend that depending on recommendations.
I'll be checking a 28gram method pellet feeder mainly
Any recommendations please.

The Drennan Red Range 10ft Carp Feeder sounds ideal for what you want. Around 45 quid, if you look around.

I have two of them, and they are superb rods.

B

berniewood

The Drennan Red Range 10ft Carp Feeder sounds ideal for what you want. Around 45 quid, if you look around.

I have two of them, and they are superb rods.
This was on my list along with the new middy feeder rod. The thing is people must have feeder rods that they fish with at commercials but are reluctant to say what they use.

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Had some nice carp today on the Middy 10ft feeder, which really put the rod through its paces. Good action right down to the butt and plenty of leverage to bully fish away from the lilies.

Glad I chose the rod (well, it was recommended by the staff at a big tackle shop that I use a lot) as it is spot-on for the commercials that I fish.