Has this ever happened to you?

C

chefster

Today when i was fishing,one of the grass carp which was in my keepnet jumped clean out of the water about 3 feet in the air,out of the keepnet (frit the life out of me):eek::eek: and swam away,i figured they were trying to tell me something,so i released them straight away:D

flightliner

Reaction score
Yes, similar sort of thing, carp fishing a local lake you could ocasionally hook a grass carp. It would come to the net like a wet rag--no struggle at all, then, after laying it on the unhooking mat all hell would brake loose as it would start jumping like a bucking bronco. Sometimes they were so active you ended up taking the hook out in the next county.

peg two

Reaction score
Never had a carp in a keepnet jump out,bet that woke you up hahaha.

Years ago whilst fishing in Scotland on a canal I did have a keepnet with a few perch and skimmers in,was just sitting there minding my own....then splash! The keepnet was almost stolen,a huge pike went for the fish in the net,certainly give me a fright!

Peg two

captainbarnacles

Reaction score
Was roach fishing one day on a small river with a mate of mine , after catching a nice few roach , on landing one of around 6 oz my mate stood in amazement as a pike jumped over the landing net grabbed my roach and as quick jumped back out never to be seen again, i doubt never in a million years will it ever happen again.

Terry D

Reaction score
Happens a lot with chub so always rest your landing net on top of your keepnet when fishing this way.

bullmoose_jackson

Reaction score
Yes. I caught and weighed a 1lb 2oz dace, before slipping it into my keepnet (bearing in mind, the Irish dace record is 1lb 4oz, so I was very excited).

Ten minutes later, it jumped clean out of the keepnet and into the landing net that was resting beside of the keepnet. :confused: