June 16th

bezzer

Reaction score
Hi all,

First post on here. Great Forum, I've been lurking and reading for a while and have found a mountain of useful information.

A friend and I are planning a trip to the Severn on the 16th. Probably a stupid thing to do but we're set on it and it's going to happen :) Want to fish between Bridgnorth and Bewdley.

Last season I fished Bewdley, Ribbesford and Hampton Loade. Blanked at HL as there was about 10ft on it and it was going through like a train! Caught at the other 2.

We're getting a BAA ticket and the question is, where would people recommend with what looks like being a low and clear river?

Arley looks as though it gets busy and Trimpley is meant to be a bit of a hike (ok for me but my fishing buddy is not as fit as he should be!).

Any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated.

I will report back on the 17th with how it's gone.

Thanks
Ian.

fruitowl

Reaction score
Looking to go hampton loade b section about 300yards below ferry matt hayes has fished a lot their on his tv programmes esp greater rod race will be going on the tuesday hopefully may even go monday as well.
That stretch of river down to the islad holds some good fish use google earth as you would need to be below the small rapids

bezzer

Reaction score
Many thanks for the reply Fruitowl.

However, I finished work early yesterday and decided to pop over to Bridgnorth to have a look at various BAA stretches. I was pretty shocked as to how low and clear the river is. I drove down and looked at 3 other stretches - Eardington, Hampton Loade and Arley before finishing for a pint in Bewdley.

At Arley it was cyrstal clear and the gravel bed up from the PO carpark was almost across the whole river. I reckon with a pair of wellies on I could have crossed it!

I saw some Barbel at Eardington, they were in the streamer weed soaking up the rays :)

While I was enjoying my pint in Bewdley I got chatting to a couple of blokes who are regulars on the stretch there and they said it hasn't been as low as it is now for a couple of years.

So the outcome is we've decided to give the Severn a miss for opening day and go down when it's carrying a bit more water.

fruitowl

Reaction score
i'm going on Monday 17th just to get out and onto the river gonna look at Hampton loade if I can't see any descent water gonna go to the sever at mythe as it is fairly deep down their just boat traffic that's a prob

R

Royffey

I'll be back home on my local stretch of Old River Lea, at Fishers Green...

I wouldn't wanna live anywhere else ;)