Scorchio this weekend, anyone out?

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Maybe not so hot in some locations but still hotter than it has been.
I will be fishing Sunday, a small match at How end fishery in Beds.
Pole venue and I hate hot pole.

Anyone else out?

C

chefster

Club match at Toft carp lake @ Rugby tomorrow,pleasure session maybe Friday,deffo Saturday,dont know where yet though.......Maver pole innovation-Sun-Core finish-no hot pole!!!:D:D,Chef

lufc

Reaction score
First night session of the year, just the day shelter and a couple of :w with my mate, can't wait :)

B

binka

I'll be out Sunday for sure and possibly Saturday late afternoon until late evening and have a free hand over where as my mate's fishing his club waters annual night match, I tried that last year and was first out the gate at 4.30am and enjoying a beer shortly afterwards at home.

I might see if the perch have stopped sulking yet and go for a nice long roving session with the lure gear, I quite fancy that after a couple of weekends with the normal stuff :)

nicepix

Reaction score
Local forecast is for hot and sunny weather tomorrow until around 6pm when there is chance of thunderstorms. It will probably be my last chance to get out before Monday so I'll be fishing the same swim I tried for the first time on Monday with good results.

As there is a chance of thunderstorms I'll also take the heavy rod and a couple of dead carp and try for a catfish. I'll be able to stay later than usual too for a change which might help on that score.

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I will be out tomorrow afternoon/evening on the Method and the pellet waggler.

David Dalton

Reaction score
Should be down to Hightown lake in Ringwood on Saturday, after the tench.

aebitim

Reaction score
Camping in mid devon on a site with lakes so hoping to wet a line.

fozzie41

Reaction score
Out either Sat or Sun. Thinking of going somewhere different to the last two times I have been.

Any suggestions in Nottingham for a beginner anyone?

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
First fly fishing trip of he year on Saturday - may casts will fall on the water with the line looking like a curly pubic hair

Are you going anywhere decent Paul?

b.t.w. your leader and fly should alight on the surface with the kiss of an angel's wings . . . . . . .

Well, thats what the first book I ever read on the subject said . . . . . .

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Are you going anywhere decent Paul?

b.t.w. your leader and fly should alight on the surface with the kiss of an angel's wings . . . . . . .

Well, thats what the first book I ever read on the subject said . . . . . .

When I started fly fishing my fly and leader used to alight with all the finesse of a 5lb bag of King Edwards (neat link to a thread in Bait Box there, hope it doesn't hasten the demise of the forum) :wh

C

chefster

Fished a club match at Toft Farm Carp Lake today,very windy as always at Toft,had 12 carp at 11m on 4mm expanders,but they were quite small.Came short on top 2 and 6mm meat,last hour and steadily caught till the end.weighed in 51 lb 10 oz for second,63 lb won all paste fish,48 lb was third on 6mm pellet.Lost enough fish to win but so did everyone else,should have come short earlier with hindsight,13 fished....Next match on Sunday-same venue ,but with a different club,.......Chef

nicepix

Reaction score
Fished 2:30 to 9:30 today in cloudless sky and high 20's temp. Dueling nightingales, deafening chorus of bull frogs, crickets are now adding to the cacophony, grass snake swimming about to and fro most of the day and a peregrine harassed some doves. But, not a bite - nothing! Same swim as last time when I had a good do. Fish in front of me all day. Tried 6 baits and 5 methods without as much as a touch.

Local anglers reported same result. :(

sam vimes

Reaction score
I've been out for at least a couple of hours every day for the last week so I'd be surprised if I don't manage at least an hour or two on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

This week has seen a small number of the resident carp have a fairly half hearted attempt at spawning. The rest have had a good feed in short bursts. Today the roach were spawning with the odd attendant carp and bream mopping up behind them.
406872541.jpg

406872542.jpg

Not the best pics in the world but what can you expect when using a mobile through my polarised sunglasses!

Last edited:

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Carp in the fishery I have been going to in Cheshire are now in full-on spawning mode and not looking at anything.

Struggled yesterday and only managed three fish - two on pellet waggler and one on the method.

Could have scooped them out by the dozen from the margins with my landing net!

C

chefster

Carp in the fishery I have been going to in Cheshire are now in full-on spawning mode and not looking at anything.

Struggled yesterday and only managed three fish - two on pellet waggler and one on the method.

Or maybe its because you used mono hooklengths instead of hi-tech!!!!:D:D:D:D...(see post on-Can anyone recommend...etc)

Last edited:

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Or maybe its because you used mono hooklengths instead of hi-tech!!!!:D:D:D:D...(see post on-Can anyone recommend...etc)

With the greatest respect, Gaz, bollox! :p :D I was hardly getting a twitch on the method, there was tumbleweed rolling through my swim!