Yet another appeal for angling unity

R

Robert Draper

In the light of recent inter-species attacks I would like to ask you all to show a little respect for angling and for yourselves. Whether you fish for Roach, Perch, Bream, Tench, Barbel, Carp or Pike let us all work together and not resort to snide remarks designed to alienate one side or another. I'm all for exposing dangerous or stupid behaviour by the idiots out there but simply attacking one form of angling over another serves no purpose but to harden opinions on both sides. We are soon to come under fire as the fox hunting debacle comes to an end, let us pull together and not go down in a sputter of internal division.

K

Kevan Farmer

I'm all for it Robert. I'm no carp fan but have nothing against purely carp anglers. In fact a lot of the time it is the carp anglers who come up with a lot of new ideas. These then filter off into branches. The same can be said for other parts of out pastime of course. For instance, it was the game angling side of fishing which started out using fluorocarbon hooklengths. Now many anglers use this line. The same with the hair rig it is quite often used in matches.

Let's stick together, my god we need to now.

Kevan

M

Mark Lathwell

Why cant we all agree that we love fishing and does it realy matter what we fish for as long as we look after the fish and the rivers or pools etc that we fish on.
We must all agree that fishing is a part of our lives and if it was banned the fact that we fish for different fish would be erelevant.
I enjoy fishing for Carp but also enjoy fishing for roach ,Bream and so on i have no preferance i just love to fish.

How sad it would be that the fishing community fell apart just over different types of fishing and it was band.

WHAT WOULD WE DO THEN???JUST THINK ABOUT IT.

A

Ashe Hurst

As Ive mentioned,and we all know,there are too many so called governing bodies and groups within angling.

90% of people know that the FA are the main football governing body,but within angling ,even I get confused as to who is
over seeing our sport/past time.

So what chance do the public at large have
in understanding angling and us anglers.
With misguided ideas or plain ignorance
how are we as anglers going to gain the suport of the public,press and other media along with parliment?
Angling,as i wrote in AM some two years ago
needs bringing into the 21 st centurie.
We need those powers that be and those with influence to promote angling and educate the non angling public,but for this to work all forms of fishing must be seen as fishing and not an elitist group for any specific form of fishing.

One thing i have banged on about for yonks now, is that high profile celebs,who happen to be anglers,along with top uk anglers work together,also MPs who fish or suport angling should get involved too.
Are our supposed governing bodies going to implement any such plans to national TV companies,the national press etc.