Help. Anglers go fishing in Ireland or are from Ireland

rorys

Reaction score
Hi all

I am looking for anglers that travel to fish in Ireland or live on the island of Ireland. Match, leisure, pike, slamon/trout, all types of angler. Even if you don't fish in Ireland I would still appreciate your views. What I am looking for is for people to take a short survey called "Angling and invasive species". The survey is part of my PhD project at the Institute of Technology, Sligo, Ireland.

To give a little background about myself. I am a keen pike angler and fish in and around the Carrick-on-Shannon to Lough Ree area of Ireland which many of you would be familiar with. I also sea fish and chase salmon (not always catching them) when the rivers are after a flood.

“When invasive species become established they cause significant damage to freshwater ecosystems, fish populations and to the economies that depend upon them. Next to habitat loss, invasive species are considered the greatest threat to native biodiversity. Anglers play a vital role in protecting the native and unique fish stocks and waterways on the island of Ireland. The Institute of Technology, Sligo, Ireland is looking for anglers to take a short online questionnaire called “Angling and invasive species”. The following link is to the questionnaire which can be completed anonymously. It should take no more than 8 minutes and your views would be greatly appreciated.”

Link to survey form
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1pTevuKo4yH4143sp7liOA_hoKLuveojBCJ1MCzJrUJM/viewform

Tight lines

Rory Sheehan

Last edited:

bullmoose_jackson

Reaction score
That's great, I'll complete it now (living in Dublin, fish in Clare)

Edit: Done

Last edited: