bankside disturbance

NIGE K

Reaction score
i went fishing today to a small place with three ponds got there early and set up in a nice swim with tench bubbling happily in front of it.started at 6am caught a couple of tench and later a nice carp hook pulls on three other goodfish.about 11am an oldish woman and her middle aged daughter set up inthe swim next to mine.now dont get me wrong ladys should be encouraged to fish im not against women on the bank but when she got out her mallet and proceded toknock in to the ground two umbrella poles and then her rod rest making a hell of a noise i thoughtmy swim may just die on me and i was correct.so after another hour i decided to call it a dayand packed up my gear only to see the two ladys leaving there swim to fish on another pond as the fish were not biting.is there any wonder grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Old Wanderer

Reaction score
Had itlastweekon a club water, pair of pillox arrived and started a shouting conversation between their pegs and after ten minutes or so a bloody radio was turned on........ went and asked them ever so politely to kindly turn it down, which fortunately they did, I'm a grumpy old git at the best of times but.......... I like my peace and quiet when I'm fishing /forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif

Geoff Brown

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Wobbly Face (As Per Ed) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>You ought to try a place where I go fishing. Despite machine gun fire (yes machine guns), army types shouting and sometimes the odd morter round, the place fishes very well.</blockquote>
A lake in central Croydon eh? /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Barney 2

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Wobbly Face (As Per Ed) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>You ought to try a place where I go fishing. Despite machine gun fire (yes machine guns), army types shouting and sometimes the odd morter round, the place fishes very well.</blockquote>

Where I fishthey insist on letting off mortars just when I am about to take a sip of hot tea. How do they perfect their timing?

Its when they break the canoes out, or some lump stands in the lake for the squaddies to practice throwing a lifebelt that seems to effect my fishing. Time to move lakes!

Us fishermen know our place around here andquietly shuffle off.

B

Bill Cox

Remember once many years ago on a quiet sunday morning about 06.00 the sun was shining and the fish were just begining to bite all was well with the world. Then a loud whistle blew in the distance and all hell broke lose. I honestly thought world war three had started. Machine guns, morters, small arms fire all accompanied by screaming and shouting, i climbed the bank to peer over across the vally where i spied The commandoes storming a couple of gun and morter emplacements dug into the woods. Once i knew what it was i was ok but god just for a moment. Fishing never suffered though.