Typical Teme Tiger

F

Fred Bonney

You could have got it a little closer to the camera ****ie/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

I'm told it's a bit quiet down there at the moment, lovelylooking fish.

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Nice one ****y; Also nice to see that you hold the fish over an unhooking mat.

Well done mate.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Bet that gave you a bit of a scrap in the restricted water of the Teme ****y, worth it though eh!

You had better luck than me mate I fished the Teme last week at Stanford Bridge and not a barbel to be seen in the whole of the length, worth every minute just to be there though.

Reaction score
Thanks chaps,

It was a very satisfying way to open my barbel account for the season (I've been concentrating on Teme chub and Severn breamup to now).

It may be one of angling's well-worn cliches but Teme barbel always live up to there fearsome fighting reputation and this one was no exception.

Graham,

I always find the barbel a bit tricky on the Teme early in the season. I tend to fish swims that I would dismiss outright later in the year. This one came from a very fast gravel run in less than 2 foot of water.

But as you say even if you do blank, there is surely nowhere more beautiful to do it.

F

Fred Bonney

****y, that looks quite a pronounced snout on the fish, is that what they all like in the Teme?

Reaction score
It does seem to be a bit of a feature of Teme fish Fred,

This is my last Temebarbel from last season and he also has quite a hooter. Not sure why...
LastDayTemeBarbel.JPG

F

Fred Bonney

Interesting, perhaps they keep bumping into those rocky features in the floods /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Proboscis is the word I was looking for.

Never fished the Teme, although I've walked it's banks on a couple of occasion, Iwon a prize day out on it, but never found the time, so I let it lapse.

One day!

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Well done ****y, beautiful fish.

I want one! Yet to get anywhere near hooking one of their southern cousins so far this season!

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Fred Bonney(ACA/BS/BTO) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>****y, that looks quite a pronounced snout on the fish, is that what they all like in the Teme?</blockquote>
It was perfectly normal till it bumped into ****ie!

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
sleek muscular body, firm good looking features and the fish aint bad either lol

Nice barbel ****ie well done....

Reaction score
Lol!! /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

Trev, ya big smoothie!

Just off down the Severn to catch his Dad...