How did everyone get on then?

B

binka

How did everyone get on then?

Nothing to report here as I never got out... I decided to finish a landscaping job before the weather possibly breaks next week (along with my back!) and mindful of the fact I want to be on a river next Sunday I decided to get it finished.

I was going to have a couple of hours this evening but the mind is willing and the flesh is weak :)

So then, how did everyone get on... ?

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
Scorchio didn't seem to happen! Had a few jobs at our lake yesterday, so put the carp rods in the car and popped them out for a few hours when I'd finished. One run, one very pretty low double. Very windy and not warm at all, but the sun was out. Back in time for a wash and brush up and out.:w

Today, wife went out, so after finishing in the garden, spent a couple of hours trying to control my delicately presented dry fly:eek: in very gusty conditions on the river, one rise, one fish a 2lb Brownie, tomorrows dinner sorted. But overcast, windy and 12 degrees. Roll on summer!

Stu

Last edited:

sam vimes

Reaction score
Two out on Friday evening, one on Saturday and one today. Mostly low doubles but the following wasn't a bad kipper. Play guess the weight, if you like.
406900157.jpg

My kind of carping, down for no more than ten hours at a time. Rarely more than five hours with baits in the water. Plenty of time wandering round just looking for the fish.

benny samways

Reaction score
23lb?

Im having a nightmare after tench. Bream are constantly at the baits giving me small runs and bleeps, its really doing my head in ad i dont know if im fishing with poor rigs or its just small bream playing with the bait?

Did have a tench at 5lb 7oz that ripped line off the spool. So maybe im just not getting that many tench in the swim?

Can you tell ive done my nut?

aebitim

Reaction score
Couple of hours on a Campsite lake and amongst the small carp a couple of decent roach.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Indeed not scorchio, bloody freezing bitter wind. Fished a match at How end fishery in Beds. Weights were lower than usual due to spawned out fish.
The wind broadside on made presentation tricky, especially on my 13m line to the island.
I caught 4 small carps, plenty of nice Ide to around 12oz and some extremely lively barbel around 1lb 10oz/2lb. Despite formidable opposition including a few locals, I enjoyed it. I was pleased with my efforts and I didn't come last.
14 fished.

fozzie41

Reaction score
Great session on Sat morning, went to Goosedale not too far from me.

Told the guy there I was a newbie so he sat with me half an hour and things started to click

Alot of perch as per usual with me but more roach and caught my first tench. Was great to see something different in my net.

Might have to have another visit this weekend!

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Had my new canal PB today on the GUC at Tring. Fishing pole at the bottom of the far shelf. With no3 elastic and single caster on a 20 Drennan red maggot hook to 0.08 link. Second bite of the day I hooked a lump which moved slowly away, then felt the hook and steamed off. I thought it would ping off but after a bit of a struggle I landed it on 8m of pole with 8m of elastic out.
A lovely common of 11lb 02oz..

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
A few hours from dawn on Sunday, certainly not the warmest sunrise, but a classic few hours. Five Tench to just under 6lbs and home in time for breakfast.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNf-k41tpZo]The Dawn Chorus and Fizzing Tench - YouTube[/ame]

sam vimes

Reaction score
Unlike me, it looks bigger than it turned out to be (must get my scales checked again). Cracking fish, but it went 16lb on the nose. Thought I'd had the first ever twenty on the lake when I netted it, but it wasn't to be. The nicest part is that no one recognises it. The suspicion being that it's not been out before and was probably one of the original stockies that went in around four years ago at no more than 4lb. :)

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
Well i had my first session of the year earlier this week, and was lucky enough to get a 6-12 tench first chuck. Not bad considering i didnt get to the lake till mid-day (8 hours later than intended). Nothing else happened for the rest of the day till dark, not a touch, so a return to normal on that count. If i didnt have photographic evidence i wouldnt believe that i caught anything, it all happened in a blur followed by nine hours of very little.