Hi there!

notmuchhair

Reaction score
Just joined the forum. Been out of the fishing game for about 12 years before taking it up again last summer. Since then I've achieved...
13lb Barbel (Trent dyke in Newark)
3lb chub (dyke)
6lb tench (local pond on London road)
1.5lb roach (local pond again)
1lb 4oz perch (same pond)
Carp to around 5lb (Portland waters - sibthorpe)
Cannot wait for the river season to open again - these lakes are boring me a bit now. If you've noticed my carp figure isn't all that impressive it's because I don't really fish for them. When I find a venue I can actively fish for them on I'll have a go.. but sitting behind three rods waiting for a fish to move into an area absolutely bores me to tears lol.

iannate

The fish made me do it!
Reaction score
If you've noticed my carp figure isn't all that impressive it's because I don't really fish for them. When I find a venue I can actively fish for them on I'll have a go.. but sitting behind three rods waiting for a fish to move into an area absolutely bores me to tears lol.

You have an impressive list of PBs

You don't need to sit behind three rods to catch big carp, but each to his own you sound like the sort of person that will catch what you're after, when you put your mind to it.

Tight lines and welcome:)

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum :)
Good fish in the dyke, used to fish it a lot (I live in Chesterfield) but all my gear is at my other half's in Chorley, really good fishing here, the Ribble in Preston is cracking, I had a 13lb Barbel from a day ticket stretch last year!

Enjoy the banter on here

Mark