OK, so I'm lagging behind a little...

Geoff Brown

Reaction score
Woohoo!

One thing I noticed about my D70s, having bought mail-order unseen on recommendation from various websites and publications, was how tiny it was and how plasticy it felt in comparison to my F801 and F90 film bodies. No reviews had mentioned that.And then Nikon bring out the D70s replacement (?), the SMALLER D80!

Nice then to finally have a full-size and full-weight body in my hands. Still waiting for the first battery to charge (yes, of course I bought more than one), but a couple of points I have immediately noticed on top of the build and size. The smooth shutter release; nothing like the very stiff D70s on/off switch. The huge (by comparison) viewfinder.

I purchased mine from Warehouse Express, who are one of (if not) the last retailers to list them in stock, and they have been showing a ‘low stock’ warning since yesterday morning. I paid £634, which is less than my D70s body cost when new, and about 48% of the D200 new list price of £1299!

I didn’t buy for the increase in image quality (even my D70s is more capable than I am), although that will be an added bonus, but for the build, longevity, ability to fully function with non-CPU lenses, and dedicated buttons for key functions.

That’s me now sorted until full frame bodies come down in price in about three or four years time.

Happy Bunny /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Geoff Brown

Reaction score
Oooh, get me, I'm An NPU now! Nikon Professional User. Apparently that means I get more action with the Japanese ladies/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif, or something like that.

Geoff Brown

Reaction score
I know, embarrassing isn't it? I can alwayscrayon the 2 into an 8to stay well ahead of the Jones' though!/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Geoff Brown

Reaction score
Lovely aren't they?

Thing is, what with all the new fishing gear this year (fook me, it's not a cheap hobby when you have to start from scratch again eh?), I'm now skint.

So decided I'm going to have to make money from pictures of the missus nekkid. Here's how it works: All forum members send me a fiver, those that don't get a picture of the missus nekkid by return post, guaranteed to put you off food for a month!

/forum/smilies/disappointed_smiley.gif

The Monk

Reaction score
they are a good camera Geoff and it will give you many of years service mate, I`m not too bad inthatI do a few weddings which helps pay for my gear, but yes it can be an expensive hobby mate, but hey its cheaper and less hassle than womanising/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gifands probably a lot safer too mate