Formula 1

D

Dave Celio

I have been reading a lot about the new Nashy Formula 1's and must admit that i am tempted in giving them a whirl. Has anyone used them with much sucess at all?? I normally make my own Nutrabait recipes...

Thanks in advance

N

Nick Gardner

I have used it 4 times now with only 1 fish to show for it but then that could be me in the wrong place or wrong rig on the day rather than the bait. Whisky has been my favourite and given me my personal best of 28lb, but again, that could have just been the right lake on the right day. You know Carping - Funny old game :)

R

Roto fryer

dont waste your money. check out premier baits or cotswold's m-tech.
u have to remember there are tons of this stuff going in and not so many big uns caught on it. better still go with maize
8 quid or so for 25 kg

M

Martin Lewis

Formula 1.....I've found it excellent for bream and tench!!

I've only had success on the carp front when using it in it's pop-up 10mm form....weird!
Like any bait, (of named quality), if lots of it is going in, then it will work.

M

Mark Lathwell

Have used it a couple of times with fair results. Have used as bottom and pop up bait.
The scopex seem to have better results where i fish.

Worth a go as it all depends on the fish on the day.Its nice just to have different flavors in your bag just to try you never know.

A

Andrew Webber

I would definately have a chat with the guys at premier, these guys make great baits. The I fish with premier is also fished by nutrabaits and solar testers and the premier keeps up with them nicely.

A

Austin Buchan

Fished F1's all season and managed 1 fish and a missed run.

R

Rob Brownfield

I used Formula 1 on Catch 22 in Norfolk...well known for multiple catches...not a sniff! I also used it on Aldby Hall and Burgh hall farm..one run! I used them alongside Nash Whiskys and Nutrabaits BFM...catching loads of fish 20 22 pounds, including an 11 pound bream :)

I found the smell of F1 repulsive...almost like bleach..not nice.

K

Kevan Busby

I fished with Formula 1 during the early to middle part of last season and like Martin all I had were Bream and Tench (which was nice)I have since switched to Bandit Baits and the results have been truly staggering. Other anglers I have spoke to have found the same thing with Formula 1 - no fish. Check out Richworth's Bioplex, I have heard very good reports from one of my mates who's been field testing it.

M

Mike Fidler

Ive used 3 of Nashy's baits and always found that a quality bait with the right attractants works well. Fang, Whiskey and the lovely Monster pursuit all did the bizness for me but because I got caught by the packaging and marketing I've used Mistral everything and A8's and even some crappy shelf life that i should have known better not to buy. My rule of thumb now is to smell and taste and then wait for the after effect - if it ain't palatable to me I won't use it and please don't mention moster crab, ugh!