new rods

aaron martin

Reaction score
hi everyone i would like to purchase a new caro roid after my holiday (which is on saturday the 5th to tuesday the 15th ) and i was wondering on what brand to buy, i have been looking round at brands like fox, shimano, john wilson's, diawa but i am unsure and i dont want to spend over about ?40-?50. any thoughts ?

david wray

Reaction score
Have a look at the berkeleys very good rods for the money, i bought 3 b3's for £79 each but i beleive you can pick up the B4's for £50, lovely to use and they look good too!!

paulhereford

Reaction score
Try the Wychwood Rage or Wychwood Rogue X Carp rods......can be found on t'internet for under £40. Great rods.

aaron martin

Reaction score
thanks alot for your advice guys i will look into it when i get back i go on holiday tommorrow

joby

Reaction score
price is only a guideline , some shops can charge you nearly 3 times the price for the same rod , i bought a ugly stik specimen 1,75 TC this week for £24.99 from www.mullarkeys.co.uk , and yet another store was selling the same rod for £71.49 . other prices were £49.99 , and £42.99 ,

aaron martin

Reaction score
some shops will really rob in broad daylight wont they!!!! i have learnt quite alot that if you find a rod or any tackle research it on the internet and see if you can get it for a cheaper price.

colin donnelly

Reaction score
anyone know how much i would get for my daiwa powermesh rods and shimano 6010 reels x4 of each.the reels only have one handle not the double, looking to upgrade rods and reels?

paulhereford

Reaction score
I deffo prefer the Wychwood Rage and Rogue X carp rods to the Warrior ES as I have all three.The Fox Warrior is pretty good from 2 3/4lb test curve upwards however.

Shine

Reaction score

aaron martin

Reaction score
well my birthday is on monday so i will seee how much that brings into my pocket.

NIGE K

Reaction score
what size fish are you fishing for aaron and what method.