River looking sock on, Who's out...

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
...this weekend. Well, Sunday really innit.
My local river Colne looked in fine fettle this morning. I walked to my fave pegs while my car was in for MOT. Dace were topping and I spotted a big chub wafting on a gravel bar. The flow and colour are sock on and my club have built some tidy platforms on some previously precarious pegs.
Can't wait to get the stick floats down those deeper gullies.
Anyone else out this weekend?

C

chefster

All this talk of river fishing,i very tempted to sort out some river gear and get down the Cherwell,at Bletchington,Long Meadow on saturday and try for some Chub,in the meantime i have a match tomorrow at Dennets lake @ Daventry..Chef:D

cg74

Reaction score
All this talk of river fishing,i very tempted to sort out some river gear and get down the Cherwell,at Bletchington,Long Meadow on saturday and try for some Chub,in the meantime i have a match tomorrow at Dennets lake @ Daventry..Chef:D

Long Meadow - At this time of year I'd target the tench and bream as the chub are still hanging about readying themselves for spawning.

frothy

Reaction score
First weeks out for me due to work commitments :( but its Probably just as well as it would be silly busy anyhow...whom I kidding:eek:mg:

B

binka

Yep mark me down for Sunday, goes without saying it's going to be the river and most likely the Trent but not sure where yet... might get lucky and have a bash on the local lake early on Saturday too :)

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
It will be a couple of hours, very early, on the Sunday morning for me.

I'd like to know who in their right mind made Father's Day clash with opening day!

Last edited:

bezzer

Reaction score
I was planning to do the Severn on the 16th but having popped down to have a look at it last week, will give it a miss as it's very low and clear :(

The Teme looked a lot fresher so will be on the bank at either Cotheridge or Bransford.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
father's day, opening day and son'd birthday

So no fishing for me - I never fish on the openig day anyway

My and my son will be at the gun club 8am - then back to Furkum Hall for sunday dinner

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
its a religion..... Midnight! toast of beer, and an offering prior to that first cast.....

For quite a few years I used to do the P4A "bit" with a rocket and a glass of champagne for me and a spalsh for the venue too

Then I'd get my head down for a few hours to be ready for the crack of dawn to start fishing; I must give that another try one of these coming years . . . . . . .

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
For quite a few years I used to do the P4A "bit" with a rocket and a glass of champagne for me and a spalsh for the venue too

Then I'd get my head down for a few hours to be ready for the crack of dawn to start fishing; I must give that another try one of these coming years . . . . . . .

Bloody Chav fishing - getting drunk and letting off fire works - PJ I'd have your ticket :D

dangermouse

Reaction score
Off to the Dearne for my first ever session on there. No expectations, I`ll be happy as long as I catch something, although a decent chub would be nice.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'll probably pop out tomorrow, without a rod, to see if anyone is fishing "my" swims.

jack sprat

Reaction score
A couple of hours early on the Stour for a few bites and before the rain. No fireworks - it is illegal to set them off at midnight!