Todber manor..

T

The Piker

Planning a trip to Todber on monday,after carp ..

I have looked at web site and looks good.I am fishing it for cats in july,but not to clued up on carp,i ammainly a predator and barbel angler.

Most of my best carp have been caught off the top,with a cut down pop up boily with chum mixers..

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
The venue is really good. very proffessionally run with the lakes being very clean and tidy and nicley spaced out. Talk to the guys in the shop and they will put you on the swims that have been producing and the going bait. Tight Lines

Let us know how you get on

T

The Piker

Cheers Ian,

Will let you know,hope the weather gets a bit better...

Mithrandir

Reaction score
I like Todber, I have not fished Big hayes lake, but Wadmill is a runs water, but mostly 8 to 12 lbs, some go to mid 20's. Parklake is a small match lake, and the whitepost lakes are smaller match type venues, Paddock lake has some cats in too.

I like the place, and john and Adam are really helpful, just if it is windy take some good tent pegs with you, it does tend to get blowy up there.

( halibut pellets are a good bet still, that is what They feed them on, watched John feeding the lake one night)

T

The Piker

Cheers mithrandir,its blowing a hulee outside at the moment so hope the wind drops..

One thing it can't get much worse.....

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Piker,

I'm planning for a three day, two night session on Todber, Big Heyes Lake, in early August. So, any report on the venue would be welcomed.

I'll only fish Big Heyes as I'm not a fan' of Catifsh, so it will be some of the big Carp that I am targetting.

Good luck and tight lines for your trip.

T

The Piker

Ok Peter,will let you know how we get on,think we are fishing the lake with smaller carp

up to mid twenties,they call it a runs water...

Pete K

Reaction score
Hi all I fished Big Hayes last week as part of an RAF Carp Match. The wining peg was at the far end of the lake from the entrance, it produced 190 lb + of carp. However carp were caught from all the pegs on the lake. Most were caught on the method with hair corn. Some caught on the in house boille tiped with fake corn. No need for the spods, just go out on small sticks and bags.

Fishing to the features i.e. the islands and the reeds produced the best results.

Very well run, good facillitys and tackle shop.

garry kerslake

Reaction score
hi all, off to todber on thursday, hope the weather turns around , last went end of may good result on wadmill best out was a mirror 20.10 but we got drenched .good luck to all /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

T

The Piker

Well we fished Big Hayes on the day we arrived also the night,result one carp to me it went 13lbs..

So a little disapointing..

But the weather was awful,thunder and heavy driving rain could have put them off.

So we had a go on Wadmill and had a load of carp but most about 6lbs,i landed a low double again..

So we all had a bend in the rods but no biggies..

A nice place to fish but it does get a hammering,the cat lake has 7 anglers on it 24-7,this lake is not fishing well at the moment but that is cats for you...

So all said it is a well run fishery with a good tackle shop helpful staff nice banks and pegs,all set in a nice country setting...

A foot note a mate of mine who fishes the Wye for barbel with me,had two doubles,bloody good fish for the Wye,so with hindsite i went to the wrong place..

The story of my life-i surpose....

mark brakes

Reaction score
Ive fished here on and off since it was created and it has come forward in leaps and bounds and very much my favourite place only living down the road in the next county. Due to illness my first trip out this year was not until late summer for a couple of days and i was a little disapointed i must admit. I agree with the above and quality <u>was</u> unknockable but i had a bad few days. Fishing was quiet but you can notalways throw this back at the fishery as every fishery does so, fair enough but it was not helped by a a group of adults playing battle ships with their bait boats across my swim and messing about all night. Then when i did see a good fish caught, must have been mid twenties and notby me, the angler in question was very quickly disapearing in his car and when i got talking to another angler about my observations he also stated he had seen something similar happen a few weeks before. He did not appear to care just made a comment i expect it will be on Ebay tomorrow night!! This shocked me then he went on to tell me he knew a couple of local teenagers who were busy catching the kittens from paddock which is so calledfull ofand slowly popualating the local waters lakes and rivers with!!!! I also saw rubbish on the bank for the first time here as well as a couple of floating dead fish 7lb to 8lb. There apears to be a fair bit of weed ready to explode on Big hays and generally anglers with little respect for the rules once the sun goes down. Staff appear to be more interested in running down local fisheries which comes over very unprofessional when you are stoud in the shop overhearign this andi must say on my way home just after pulling out onto the A30 you cant miss 2 new lakes at Coking farm Fishery and i also heard of a fishery idid'nt even know about through this prehapsoill try it out soon as if staff are that worried about it must be good!!Come on Todber guys sort it all out again lets get back to the good days. Get rid of the anglers who are damaging you.

garry kerslake

Reaction score
hi all , have done six sessions at todber this year , not my best year of fishing but its been good . the guys at todber do a good job keeping it tidy cutting the grass and keeping us all happy, their advice is free and they dont keep secrets .

todber is best part of 50 miles each way, so its not on my door step but i find worth the journey, the guy's down there always make you welcome and offer you tips and advice on swim and tactics .i've had a twenty and some upper doubles ( from wadmill )and plenty 7-8 pounders .

just done a weekend, first frost of autumn on the ground ( cold cold cold ) still plenty of fish moving about and gracing the bank ,

till the next time gaz