Sweet Sixteen(th)

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
An interesting and very poignant stroy from the pen of the MD of Tickle-Tackle Ltd.

I hope you have a really great start to the new season Kevin.

Tight lines

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Hi Peter and Fred

Thanks for you kind words and goods wishes, I certainly plan to do a bit more line wetting this year. Please note I didn't say catchnig fish, why spolil the habit of a lifetime...!

Fred, I hope we can meet up for that annual bash, will sort something out nearer the day.

As for Herbert, I will see if I cant give him a good hard prod to wake him from his slumbers, although to be fair, he has been comatose bordering on catatonic lately.....

Steve King

Reaction score
Another excellent read Kevin!

I had planned to be on the Teme today, but a late night yesterday after a long drive to see some of the grandchildren meant I didn't wake up early enough! I also need to sort out my gear (the garage is a bit of a nightmare at the moment :eek::eek:mg:!)

I always think of my dad when I fish the Teme - he didn't pass away on the 16th of June, but my best day on the Teme a few years ago was just a few days before his birthday. I think I bored him silly with fishy tales!

Bluenose

Reaction score
Nice piece Kev, I'm surprised you haven't used the time to build your TT brand name a little more and possibly explore new markets?

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Hi Eddie,

TickleTackle have spent a lot of time carving out a niche at the very pinnacle of tackle development and customer exploitation, sorry customer satisfaction. The only way to go would be very downmarket and we don't want to end up in competetion with the likes of Orvis and Greys.

However, I can reveal that TT is looking to move into recycling, but not in a tree-hugging or wheatgrass smoothie drinking way, of course.

Products in development by our imagineering team include a billet milled centrepin, made from phosphor bronze taken from one of Titanic's propellers, which will have wooden handles fashioned from timbers from the Mary Rose.

Second in a range of leger weights made from pieces of rock. Already done you say, but not when they are fashioned from the Stone of Scone, should guarantee exclusivity, if not notoriety.

And in order to do our bit to support struggling companies, we will take the tips of Hardy carbon float rods and have them woven into fishing baskets. An item of tackle shaped to please traditionalists but made of recycled modern materials, got to be a winner.

As always, prices for these products will not be announced, prospective customers will be be contacted after the usual vigorous and exhaustive financial vetting has taken place.......

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Firstly Kevin, so very sorry to hear of the extent of your injuries after the accident, i'd no idea you were as bad as that when I drove off :eek:.

Secondly, thank Christ your humour has'nt left you, and I sincerely hope that this is a starter for more articles in your inimitable writing.

Best wishes, take care, and it does'nt matter how long it takes, as long as you get there.

Merv

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Hi Merv

Nice to hear from you. I am sure that many others on FM have suffered far worse both personally and emotionally and not complained, so I will continue in that vein.
I will say that when a minor bout of depression does get hold of you, it is not something that you shake off easily, and anyone who suffers from any from of it has my utmost sympathies.

As to articles, getting out fishing again would normally present an angling writer with all the ammunition they need to commit words to the screen. However, most of the ramblings I stitch together are rarely of the 'how to' or 'I did' type, and given my proficiency for (or rather complete lack of) getting fish onto the bank would make for very boring pieces indeed. I am quite proud of the fact that no one has ever become a better angler or even learnt anything from my utterings.......!!!

And while all of the contributors to FM have probably had purple patches where the articles just seem to fly off the keyboard, they will almost just as likely have times when a word drought sets in too. Again, if you have to write something it is a whole lot more difficult that just writing a piece, time constraints making things even worse.

As long as Ian is prepared to put my ramblings up on FM, I will continue to keep sending them in, just not sure on the frequency.......