Pallatrax price increases

benny samways

Reaction score
Well, i've just had a bit of a shock.

5kg's of the multiworm cocktail boilie cost me £48 last year, ive just had a look at their brochure and its now priced at £11.95/kg. Thats nigh on 60quid for 5kgs.

AND, they have changed the recipe as its now a grey colour instead of brown.

I wonder whats gone on for such a drastic price increase? It was a cracking bait that caught all sorts for me last summerand Im a bit gutted that i cant afford it now:confused:

Can anyone shed any light on whats happened with them?

benny samways

Reaction score
Thanks.

Looks like they've some additonnal costs that they have passed on to the customer....

Howard concluded: “We have already moved Pallatrax to a new facility and our immediate investments have included automated systems that allow us to manufacturer both bait and the Stonze products in a much faster, less labour-intensive way, thereby increasing output.”

terry m

Reaction score
A harsh reality of business I am afraid.

Times are damned tough at the moment, difficult decisions have to be made.

xenon

Reaction score
Thanks.

Looks like they've some additonnal costs that they have passed on to the customer....

Howard concluded: “We have already moved Pallatrax to a new facility and our immediate investments have included automated systems that allow us to manufacturer both bait and the Stonze products in a much faster, less labour-intensive way, thereby increasing output.”
Er, am I missing something here? Increased output for less labour= lower price?
(allowing for the capital investment in kit maybe not, but over time will the price come down?)

Frothey

Reaction score
Price - apart from a couple of shops, you used to buy it direct. They now only sell to trade, so there is now a middle man. Pallatrax aren't getting the 11.95

The recipe hasn't changed, different batches of fishmeal can vary massively - as can the colour of the "naturals" in the bait.

Never seen it grey though, especially as its got robin red in it!

Also bear in mind they still sell kilos and 500g bags, still cheaper than some and many companies sell smaller bags at the same price.

Last edited:

iannate

The fish made me do it!
Reaction score
I can promise you that there is some exciting, and profitable, times ahead.
Mike O’Neill

Nuff said.

I like Pallatrax and their gear, and the links with Lone Angler, but as said above, improving productivity and then improving sales should bring costs down; those who have supported them so far should not be paying for it, that's what investment is for.

I think I will start looking else-where for replacements.:mad: