Ultima going bust?????

mick b

Reaction score
Just heard thro a dealer that the line manufacturer Ultima has gone into liquidation.

Can anyone confirm this?

bullmoose_jackson

Reaction score
I haven;t heard that, but I'd be disappointed if it was the case - I use a lot of their stuff.

flightliner

Reaction score
Big shame, good line for sure. Wonder if they'll be a continuing of product in same name by some other manufacturer.

mick b

Reaction score
Just snaffled 2 x 250m spools of the last of the 6lb Flo-Cast :)
That's me stocked up for the next few years.

All I need now is my new reel from Garry, doesn't that guy ever check his emails? :confused:

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Dear old Garry....

Five or six years ago I placed an order with him for that Barbel Aerial with the adjustable ratchet - "Put my name down for one, Garry, I want one...".

I checked him out a year or so later...

Oh, very sorry, Paul, you somehow got lost..

Back to my four wide-drum Speedia De-Luxes...

Still, he does very fine work, repairing a couple of Speedias, one narrow, one wide, for me.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Just snaffled 2 x 250m spools of the last of the 6lb Flo-Cast :)
That's me stocked up for the next few years.

All I need now is my new reel from Garry, doesn't that guy ever check his emails? :confused:

If it's any consolation, Flo-Cast had been discontinued anyway, before there was any hint of "trouble at the mill". I've got some Flo-Cast in stock too. The snag is that it's now a bit thin on the ground at the local tackle dealers and even on ebay (unless you want it in 10-18lb).

bigcarp99

Reaction score
Hi Guys, i saw this post, not sure if you are aware but you can still buy these lines from the tackle shops, the Power Carp is my favourite line and i was wondering also if i would ever be able to get it again..

The company hasn't gone bust, i rang them after seeing a Facebook page for Ultima Carp as I'm primarily a Carp angler and asked if they had gone bust, they said that they had moved distribution centre from the UK to Europe and the cost and time involved with doing this was more than what they had expected, but everything was back to normal and they were up and running with supplying the shops.

Here is there number from the Facebook page 020 8123 5601 not sure about the Sea line as didn't ask.