Brolly Clamps

chuckthepin

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I have just bought the new Fox Adjuster Chair and am really pleased with it. I want to fit a brolly clamp to the chair and would appreciate if you have any suggestions which clamp would be suitable for this chair. Thanks :)

sam vimes

Reaction score
If you want all the add on gizmos it's usually best to buy a chair that is meant for them. Most of the big carp brands don't make chair add ons so they don't make chairs with add ons in mind.

However, it can be worked around, it's just a bit more expensive to do so.
Korum Any Chair Adaptor.
Korum Brolly Arm.

chuckthepin

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, I don't normally use chair adapters but currently fishing a lake where the swims are gravel and its hard to get bank sticks, brolly poles into the ground. I don't want to hammer a brolly pole into for the obvious noise and vibrations problems. The fox adjuster chair was chosen, as its extremely light and very easy to carry especially when fishing short sessions and moving around various swims etc to locate fish. The only down side is, it would be great to be able to put a brolly up quickly especially in our current summer! but cannot think of a brolly clamp that will fit the adjuster chair. :confused:

sam vimes

Reaction score
Click on the text that's a different colour in my first post. They are links to an adaptor and brolly arm that should make what you want possible.

garethdwatkins

Reaction score
I have the Adjusta chair too.. Excellent, light weight chair.. But I'd be worried that with the top heavy weight of a brolly that using such and attachment... it would topple over... especially when you have to get up..

cheers
Gareth

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
....that using such and attachment... it would topple over... especially when you have to get up..

cheers
Gareth

Or worse if it's windy. I have a heavy seat box which has blown over with brolly attached. Make sure to collapse the brolly before you get off the chair!

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Or worse if it's windy. I have a heavy seat box which has blown over with brolly attached. Make sure to collapse the brolly before you get off the chair!

Sound advice. The alternative being to watch your chair,box etc disappear at great speed dragging all your gear [and possibly you] with it. It will go over...its only a question of when.

captainbarnacles

Reaction score
I have the korum lightwieght chair and use the adaptors that sam as advised , i find them very good and i always tie my brolly down with guy ropes anyway ,that way its very stable

terry m

Reaction score
Consider one of those threaded brolly spikes, they work great, even in hard ground and have got to be better than having the whole lot blown over.

C

chefster

Fixing a brolly to a lightweight chair is great if you want to be Mary Poppins:wh or like paragliding!!

chuckthepin

Reaction score
Hi, thank you.

I have ordered a threaded brolly pole as you suggested. Should have thought of that myself, but my previous chair was a Korum so used to use adapters and guys to keep the brolly stable in windy conditions. The new Fox chair is much better than the Korum, lighter, easy to carry and very comfortable at a fantastic price. PS never done a Mary Poppins or had it blown over, must be my early years learning how to put tents and bivvies up, guy ropes and threaded pegs work well guys!