Blowing hot and cold. Anyone out this weekend?

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
After the hot day today the weekend looks like a wet windy affair to me.
A big low heading East off the Atlantic. My local river is probably a month behind and despite looking sock on it isn't. So tomorrow I am fishing at Willow lakes near St Albans in the midweek open. Sunday it's round 3 of the 6 opens at Marsworth ressie. These are both bream venues and long chuck feeder jobs.
I have been experimenting in the kitchen sink with buoyant baits and think I may have cracked a killer method. Let me try it first and if it works I'll explain later.
Anyway, who's out this weekend?

B

binka

I think it's going to be a double dabble for me :)

My mate is talking about a session and I also want to get back on my new club water and river (where he's not a member yet but has now applied) and this time for some big stripeys that I've heard rumours of and have spotted a likely looking swim or two.

Came up trumps in two out of two sessions so far for pike and barbel so I reckon i'm due a fall lol!

Good luck with the idea Simon and hope it works, look forward to hearing more :)

fozzie41

Reaction score
Planning on being out Saturday. Thinking of getting a membership to NCB Number 5 so going to check out some of their water.

Weather reports just changed today and it looks a better than it did yesterday.

Then planning on going Sunday with the father in law and he's gonna show me a bit of feeder fishing so will probably be asking advice next week for rods to buy :D

barbelboi

Reaction score
Hopefully Sunday, been looking at the Marsh Farm site recommended in another thread and found one of our customers who are very close. Off to do a "survey" later:)

If you're going to MF Ian they no longer do hot food (H&S) and inspect your net (must be dry) prior to fishing. Otherwise they have a large on site t/s, and everything else you require (a new net if yours is damp;)) of a good venue. It was fishing quite well a few weeks ago although the water was still very clear for the time of year.
Jerry

nicepix

Reaction score
I'm going this afternoon. I'll pop up to the farm pond after lunch, hopefully grab two or three small carp and then off to the big lake to try for a catfish.

<Edit> Cancel the above. Little wife not feeling too well so plans postponed until tomorrow. Looks like I'll be doing a bit of bait prep' and tying some rigs instead.

Last edited:

aebitim

Reaction score
Busy the weekend then two weeks to do as I please, so starting off with 3 days on the Wye then North Devon both sea and coarse, and then whatever takes my fancy.

Quite fancy a go at some tench, anybody know a good day ticket tench water?

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
If you're going to MF Ian they no longer do hot food (H&S) and inspect your net (must be dry) prior to fishing. Otherwise they have a large on site t/s, and everything else you require (a new net if yours is damp) of a good venue. It was fishing quite well a few weeks ago although the water was still very clear for the time of year.

Sorry Jerry the place I was looking at was Manor Farm at Evesham, probably my age mate, I will try to get down to a Marsh Farm "fish-in" one of these days though, you can teach me how to catch some big crucians (T4CC membership would be good)

Ian

john step

Reaction score
Out this weekend?? Not likely. I am retired and can fish all week avoiding any busy times. With tongue in cheek...... does anyone else think there are too many Bank Holidays getting in the way of their fishing days!!