hello all

yellowtenchman

Reaction score
Hello there I have just signed up to the forum in hope of learning a thing or two, and to have a good read. I'm Dan 21 been fishing over ten years, was thought by my grandad from a young age on the float, moved onto carp fishing fishing for a long time still enjoying the odd float session. After having a couple years break i'm back on the bank enjoying the float again. Tench are my aim for this season only managed 3 so far on a local carp puddle, although 10lb carp on 6lb line is good fun i realy have my mind focused on tench. Went to a local gravel pit yesterday evening, on arrival there was clearly lots of feeding tench, set up a lift method n fished the evening missing evry bite, very frustrating knowing they were there. Am going to try again this weekend with some hemp n maggots, yesturday I was using bread flake, something the older anglers on the lake was pleased to see. Had a chat with them and they also said the tench are very finicky and hard to hook. So the challenge is on... Hello again

peg two

Reaction score
Welcome Dan,

Tench,bream and small carp are my target this year on the method feeder,try some green lipped muscle ground bait on your feeder with one single fake sweetcorn on a small hair,got me what I was after last week,out tomorrow with the same tactics,so fingers crossed.

Peg 2

yellowtenchman

Reaction score
Welcome Dan,

Tench,bream and small carp are my target this year on the method feeder,try some green lipped muscle ground bait on your feeder with one single fake sweetcorn on a small hair,got me what I was after last week,out tomorrow with the same tactics,so fingers crossed.

Peg 2

I have tried the fake corn on a hair erlie this season with success, had a bream or two.
The gravel pit i fished yesturday I used bread and corn on the hook, with white ground maize with a red strawberry flavoured ground bait 50/50 with added pellets. Evrytime a small ball went in the fizzing from the following tench was unmissable.
Thanks for the tip :thumb:

Thanks for the wellcomes fellas

nogoodboyo

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
Fair play for setting yourself a challenge.
It'll be all the more rewarding when you do start catching.
Good luck.