what a wash out

slime monster

Reaction score
i was foolhardy enough to venture out fishing this morning in short it was a waste of time wind blown debris skating from one end of the lake to the other made any presentation almost impossible, my sturdy brolly blew away saved only by its tether and in doing so overturned my bait table i gave up and trudged back to the car pi## wet through. if this is summer roll on winter.

has anyone had decent weather?

Rickrod

Reaction score
its just as wet as last year i,ve started leaving the car ideling on the drive to help speed up globle warming

Reaction score
Poor weather today too here in bristol, didn't even bother out on the avon as i had planned, i know there will be too much debris, will be out on Tues weather permitting, Still managed to have a barbeque though /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Ryan

slime monster

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>rickrod wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>its just as wet as last year i,ve started leaving the car ideling on the drive to help speed up globle warming</blockquote>
global warming ..my ar#e/forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

Mithrandir

Reaction score
I had a lovely day out at Britford, near Salisbury, Fished from 9 am to 4 pm, had about 6 drops of rain hit me in that time, but the wind was picking up when I packed up.

I had some nice grayling, perch, small chub, dace and a few pesky minnows. Nearly lost my best ever grayling to a mahoosive pike that decided to destroy my first swim.

The water voles and kingfishers were visible on the river and in 15 miles of river the baliff told me there were 7 anglers there, allthe others were put off by the weather forecast, I am glad I ignored it and went out and had a great day.

DSC00333.jpg

BarryC

Reaction score
Down here in sunny Cornwall we had plenty of liquid sunshine coupled with gale force winds. Luckily my club pools are surrounded by trees so gave it a bash. Got the brolly up in a dry spell and settled down snug as a bug.

Plenty of Crucians, Roach and skimmers on the old pool and some lads on the carp pool had a few doubles (no not whisky).

alan

Reaction score
went to a com with my brother in law (1st time carp fishing for him) windy as hell, but i managed 20 fish biggest 10lb 4oz, he had 14 biggest 10lb 2oz.

great day out despite the wind.

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

It doesn't always go well does it Slime M.........i was gonna do an all nighter for Avon carp...........i knew as soon as i settled it didn't feel right and i should have been somewhere else........packed in early, grabbed a KFC and a beer or two out of the fridge!

njb51

Reaction score
Absolute crap weather today here is Bournemouth! Peeing down and very windy! I wanna go fishing dammit!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Just the same here above Salisbury, high winds and torrential rain.

Managed a couple of hours last night in between showers on the river local to my home.

Reaction score
I still havent been fishing this year butI had planned to go this weekend but as we all knowit was a washout.

What a joke

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

It's not so much that it was a wash out, at least in my case in the Midlands.....i was determined to stick it out for river carp, even venturing to try "unknown pastures".

As soon as i started i knew i had made a bad descision.......mind you,my "bestest" mate didn't help txing me to tell me the Z's had gone beserk the night before......he took 10 to 9lb+.........*wat!

Not the weather that ballsed it up......it was my descision in my case!

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
Out today on lake. Sheltered at the lake because of high banking/hill and large trees.

Fished it's head off (only me fishing). Nice roach to 2lb followed by one of 1 1/2lb. Plenty of skimmers from 1 1/4 up to 3lb, small perch so went on pellet, had a brownie of about 1lb, long fish but slim (took green 6 mm crab and mussel pellet). Kingfisher flying around as well, plus long tailed tits.

Got wet through at the car as it had a flat, otherwise a good day.