river teme broadwas / cotheridge

Judas Priest

Reaction score
With this wet weather the first thing you pack is a dog spike and decent rope, as the banks WILL be treacherous. If you put knots in the rope about half a metre apart along the full length it gives you something to grip with wet or cold hands.

Apart from that travel light, either a one rod, net, waistcoat job, or a small bait bag containing bits etc, and wander around dropping baits in to all likely looking areas.

Rich P

Reaction score
Hi fruitowl - I've fished Cotheridge a few times and the banks aren't too bad (steep-wise) on that particular stretch. With the weather holding out, they shouldn't be too slippy either. There are a couple of swims I've fished that just require a few freebies by hand near a snag or overhanging bush, and using 'hit and hold' tactics. Where there are fewer features I usually fish in the centre of the river, still feeding by hand, or PVA. I've tried elips pellets and boilies, both with some some success.

Good luck.

barry h

Reaction score
hi there ithink where judas is talking about is up from the car park over the first stile banks are twice as high as lower down by the car park ok if its dry but leathal when wet iagree with the wandering aproach though fish for one bite at a time little bit of bait straight lead as light as you can get away with is the way to go hope this helps barry