thames water pay no tax

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
best regards to all you river anglers, may you all have a fantabulous season

please read the article in the financial times entitled thames water avoid tax, I attempted to highlight this article on keith arthurs fishermans blues radio program, saturday morning I was labelled a sily boy, sunday morning I was persona non grata
check out other articles on the same subject, draw your own conclusions and wonder what after 30 years of continual pollution, and now tax avoidance, can this foreign owned company do for the environment and us that dwell within this land
or why are anglings movers'n'shakers unwilling to stand up for what is morally correct, legislation to crimminalise pollution and tax avoidance

apologies for the rant mods, but I felt the need to see daylight

terry m

Reaction score
I am surprised that anyone would want to table any serious subject on a program hosted by Keith Arthur! He is truly an ill informed dreadful presenter on either TV or radio.

Chris Hammond ( RSPB ACA PAC}

Reaction score
I am surprised that anyone would want to table any serious subject on a program hosted by Keith Arthur! He is truly an ill informed dreadful presenter on either TV or radio.

I think Keith makes the odd gaff when talking about certain subjects (Pike fishing for instance.) as his perspective is biased heavily towards match angling, but couldn't disagree more with you. I've actually come to admire his skills as a presenter -at which I believe he is extremely adept- and his general level of all round knowledge. I think he makes a decent ambassador for the sport or pastime.

I heard the mini spat on Sunday morning and felt the explanation he offered regarding the idea that Thames Water had not paid their due taxes to be pretty logical. (Assuming it was correct??) I would have thought that arranging your tax outgoings and liabilities in order to minimize the annual tax bill - in this case presumably negate it- is surely both entirely legal and commonplace among businesses?

Perhaps not morally commendable but sound business practice I'd imagine.

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think Keith makes the odd gaff when talking about certain subjects (Pike fishing for instance.) as his perspective is biased heavily towards match angling, but couldn't disagree more with you. I've actually come to admire his skills as a presenter -at which I believe he is extremely adept- and his general level of all round knowledge. I think he makes a decent ambassador for the sport or pastime.

I heard the mini spat on Sunday morning and felt the explanation he offered regarding the idea that Thames Water had not paid their due taxes to be pretty logical. (Assuming it was correct??) I would have thought that arranging your tax outgoings and liabilities in order to minimize the annual tax bill - in this case presumably negate it- is surely both entirely legal and commonplace among businesses?

Perhaps not morally commendable but sound business practice I'd imagine.

Wish all us wage-slaves on PAYE or pensions could regulate it so we paid no bloody tax! :wh

bennygesserit

Reaction score

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Threaten them with a Trampoline Tax and Decking Levy, I say - "Connect your trampolines and bouncy castles and barbies to the National Grid or be swinge-ed until it hurts. And if you have a houseful of teenage daughters taking three showers or baths a day, that will be £900, minimum...".

Got to sort these jokers out.