team fishing

afj

Reaction score
when entering a competition does anyone think that going to the venue to practisewould benefit those who are fishing on the actual day. ? i think it does pay off and if you do not then there will be only one result , a disaster and sometimes embarrassment . what do others think?

Lee Woodhouse

Reaction score
It just depends on how many of the team are there and how seriously they take it.

afj

Reaction score
well lee take the upcoming national , in my opinion if you want to do well for yourself and your club then thereit is no pointjust turning up and thinking you are going to win the thing . i know we areall not pros but these teams put the effort in and their results speak for themselves. if you go to these comps then you will just end up fishing as an individual and you will bomb out.

John Heelis

Reaction score
i have never fished a comp, but i would imagine that you would have to put a little bit of practice in. if anything just to get to know the waters you will be fishing and to get a better view of where/what the targets are going to be. what goundbait and hookbait to use, etc.

turning up "blind" would be a mistake.

afj

Reaction score
i predicted a poor result due to lack of practice on the venue and that is how it panned out. there has to be a rethink at clubs if they think they can just turn up and do well . basically they are just wasting their time. they are only going to make the numbers up , to go all that way and catch ounces , its a laugh . i suggest a rethink and bring in new blood , people who would take it a bit more seriouslyand who put the effort in to get decent results . this is the way forward but will they realise this .

Lee Woodhouse

Reaction score
The way nationals work now is to fish with the following years match in mind...

if you fish the div two and nexts years div two is on a local venue then you fish to stay in the division...if the div 3 is local next year then you fish to get relegated..

afj

Reaction score
well if thats the way these clubs do thingsthey will just stagnate and become cannon fodder in these comps. also to fish to get relegated is just defeatist. just as well not turn up at all, that way you would be relegated anyway . if people only want to fish their local waters then they will only become one trick ponies and waste the clubs money who pay for their entrance fees and hotel bill for staying overnight. i would think it should be an honour to represent your club at a national not a right to be scoffed at .

afj

Reaction score
the turnout of the amount of teams must have been well down , only 38 teams bothered. perhaps the nationals are not as important as they used to be after all there aint much wedge to win .