Hello from norway

nicky

Reaction score
I am currently working in norway on the edge of a fjord and havent got my rod with me how dull am I :-(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Nicky and Welcome to FishingMagic.

Whereabouts are you in Norway?

The best of the Coarse fishing is in the South to be honest as once you get past Bergen in the west or or Lilehammar to the north then it is really only Trout and Salmon or Sea Fishing.

The same goes for most of the West Coast too once past Stavanger, although there are some good lakes between Porsgrunn and Kristiansand

In and around Oslo is by far and away the best of the coarse fishing to be honest.

Last edited:

nicky

Reaction score
Why does everyone keep so in welcome I have been member for 8 years its little old nick from wales lol I

---------- Post added at 11:06 ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 ----------

Hi peter I am in a place called drag about 2.5 hrs north of bodo there are fjords lakes and rivers everywhere

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi peter I am in a place called drag about 2.5 hrs north of bodo there are fjords lakes and rivers everywhere

You are not far then from the Sarek Nationalpark in Sweden then, gorgeous scenery up there.

Sadly though little if anything in the way of coarse fishing up there, trout, grayling and salmon should abound there though.

you are very close to the town of Narvik too which was the centre of the WW2 Norwegian Campaign where Churchill attempted to cut-off the German route to Sweden for the iron ore. The town is well worth a visit.

Are you working up there or on vacation?

nicky

Reaction score
I am working but plenty of time for fishing in evening as it never gets dark I wouldnt have minded spinning from shore of fjords for mackeral or whatever comes along theres a fjord right outside my hotel

---------- Post added at 12:21 ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 ----------

And yes the countryside is breathtaking

nicky

Reaction score
You are a very lucky man peter I have never seen so much water and unspoilt countryside in my life