Out Of The Woodwork!

M

Malcolm Bason

Seemingly due the 'Hunting with Hounds' thread many more poster have appeared to voice their opinions. I had'nt realised there were so many potential posters lurking in the background?

I don't however see many of you posting on 'fishing' subjects - though it would be nice to!

Could it be that the controversial subject of fox hunting has stirred within you an urge to post?

Will we now be seeing contributions from you on fishing matters?

S

Stephen Mc Cormack

It seems your damned if you do and damned if you don't with some people, people often get criticised for not making their opinions heard on all sorts of issues, and when they do, they get hammered as well. It makes you wonder doesn't it.
Also Fox hunting is a very emotive issue with a lot of people. On such an issue many more people will make their feelings felt.

Just be happy that your part of a community on this web site that seems to get along quite well whilst having such diverse views on all topics, Angling Hunting you name it.

And as a last point a lot of the posters to this website are posting only simple questions about fishing matters and when they get their reply are quite happy not to have to post again until they run into another little snag, I don't think we should have to post or make a contibution to every issue just the ones we feel strongly about or are close to our heart.

C

Chrisx Ess

Malcolm, I hear what you say. actually I have posted once or twice before on general fishing matters, though not for quite a long time. Don't worry, I'm not an anti- stalking horse! You're quite right, I have been stirred up by the foxhunting debate!

C

Chrisx Ess

Just to follow up Steve McM's remarks, one of the reasons why we'll win against the antis, if it comes to it, is because we ARE a community, even if we don't actually know each other. One of the really wonderful things about fishing is the way all those ancient English prejudices disappear when "the hobby" is being discussed. There are of course, one or two cranky exceptions, just to spice the gravy, I'm glad to say.