best way to hook sweetcorn

Lord Paul

Reaction score
How do you hook sweetcorn straight on the hook

I've always hooked sweetcorn through the "round bit" but the last couple of sessions I've put the hook through the "Flat" bit on the bottom and found that I've been catching more.

Now this might have been a coincidence

Do other find either way makes a difference?

Nathan

Reaction score
Depending on hook size i'll either hook 2 bits through the side or a single piece through the bottom of the corn. Not sure if it makes any difference how you hook it as long as the point's showing.

Beecy

Reaction score
if im pole fishing i will go in trough the 'open' bit and out through the flat side, so your hiding most of the hook and it will easily pull through on the strike

this way wont stay on the hook for casting though, for feeder fishing i will hook it through the bottom end, through both flat sides, so when you hang it the open end will be facing down

njb51

Reaction score
At an angle through the corner of the round bit.....if that makes any sense!

E

EC

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Jonny wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>At an angle through the corner of the round bit.....if that makes any sense!</blockquote>
It does to me, thats how I do it!

Lord Paul

Reaction score
That's how hooked them before Eddie - but started hooking them differently for some unknown reason and results have improved

DZ

Reaction score
Lordy

Try Squeezing out the juicy bits and hooking one or two 'husks' as it were in the rounded bit.

This works well for sucky/blowee feeders like 'em tincas as it lessens the wheight of the bait but not the size

nerdy anorac face>>>>>

Jim Bowdrey

Reaction score
Im with you Ron, Ive even gone down to size 16 if they,re being a bit finnicky. If Im using 2 pieces I usually thread 1 bit through the middle and the next bit side ways.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

When I started using the hair rig in South Africa years ago, I started slaughtering the carp big fashion. There were even people who wanted to ban it.

Then there were people who made money out of selling hair rig terminal tackle. A few of us upset these people when we showed everyone how to tie a knotless knot.

That must have been about 1976.