Reels On Wheels Fishing Festival 2009

Claire Pearce

Reaction score
Reels On Wheels Fishing Festival 2009

After the huge success of this years fishing Festival we can confirm that we will be making this an annual event.

The 2009 event will be held over the weekend of the 6th and 7th of June and will broadly be run in the same way as this years event.

It will be held again at the Manderson Trust lakes between Cambridge and Huntingdon, which is a fully accessible fishery.

There will be a shorter match held on the Saturday again sponsored by The Wandering Angler this match will start at 1pm and finish at 5pm this allows plenty of time for people to get to the match without having to drive through the night. You will be fishing for the Wandering Angler ROW cup which was won this year by Jon Calli. (A huge thank you to WA for your continued support)
sat1st.jpg

On the Saturday evening we will be having a BBQ which will be included in the price of the weekend and if the atmosphere is anything like this year bring your bandages as you’ll need them to repair your split sides.

Sunday morning we will be providing bacon rolls at £1 each done on the BBQ again and all weekend we will have soft drinks available for sale.

The Sunday match will start at 10am and finish at 4pm you will be competing to win the Reels On Wheels Festival cup which was won this year by Dave Few.
sunday1st.jpg

After the match we will hold the presentation and draw the raffle.

As well as the match cups there will be prizes for the best angler of the weekend by weight, the best angler of the weekend voted for by the competitors and a drawn pairs competition all sponsored by The Wandering Angler, there will also be a prize for the biggest fish of the weekend.

As with this years festival Mick Brown will come along on the Sunday to join in with the party atmosphere, pose for photos and chat with the competitors.

The cost will be the same as this years event at £20 for the whole weekend, to confirm your place we will again be asking for a deposit of £10. We are hoping that this years festival will be bigger than last years and for the 40 places to go quickly. The places will be reserved on a first come first served basis so if you’d like to come get your cheques etc in quickly. PM me for details of how and where to send your payments.

We will again be selling raffle tickets for everybody who would like some whether you will be attending or not, again PM me for full details of how to get yours, last year everyone who bought tickets won at least one prize so the odds are in your favour.

Email me or PM me for any info or to book your place.

Claire Pearce

Reaction score
If anyone is interested please contact me as there are only a handful of places left, we spoke to Mick a couple of weeks ago and he has confirmed he will be there all day on Sunday, this should be another great event /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Claire Pearce

Reaction score
We have now recieved deposits for all the places at the festival so we are closing entries for the event.

All those who have expressed an interest in the festival but not paid their deposits will be put on a reserve list and contacted should a place become available. We also do this for anyone else who is interested in a place.