Bow and arrow fishing

Reaction score
Robson is telly right now catching fish with a now and arrow

15lb carp or " enormous beautiful fish" as he called it.

Not really fishing more hunting in my book.

beerweasel

Reaction score
I have no problem with indigenous people i.e Aborigine or Inuit fishing like this.
But Robson is a **** .

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Subject: Robson

Not watched any of his programmes (nor any other fishy programme since P4A in c. 1630), but have recently been watching a TV series on DVDs, probably horribly pirated by a pal of mine, The Game of Thrones (Series 1 - 3).

Most of the North East, the North and parts of Ireland and Scotland appears to be acting in this sometimes very gory, but nevertheless highly compelling Fantasy epic, but no Robson...

Please, Robson, get in there, 'mun'. Especially into the next, cast-reducing wedding-feast bloodbath...

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
Surely Fishing is Fishing, regardless of who it is doing the Fishing.

Now some fishing may be seen as being a little more sporting than other fishing, but it's still fishing.

Robson Green is a complete and utter (fill in the blanks) however, there is an old saying that goes like -: when in rome ............ blah blah blah

Now Game of Thrones, now that is a very good tv series, and that we Blonde Dragon wench, now she would certainly be a fiery wee woman that yin.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
I haven't seen the series but as far as I understand it in many countries carp are considered a nocious pest and it is illegal to return them - based on this thread Bow fishing | Gofishing.co.uk I see no problem with it , though its not to my tastes really.

However fish do not feel pain so ethically I cannot see the problem.

---------- Post added at 13:43 ---------- Previous post was at 13:41 ----------

[ Maaaan that BennyGesserit doesn't like losing a "debate" does he :) ]

simon dunbar

Reaction score
QUOTE=Paul Boote;1240415]Subject: Robson

Not watched any of his programmes (nor any other fishy programme since P4A in c. 1630), QUOTE]
Not a fan of River Monsters then ?

Working nights this week and fed up with countless antiques / house hunting shows on the tv decided to watch ' Casting for Gold ' again today.

As for Bow and Arrow fishing , not for me at all....

Last edited:

vort

Reaction score
Catch and release could be tricky. Saves money on bait, keepnet and landing net though.