Colemans Cottage Fishery, Witham

eag1956

Reaction score
Hi I have just joined FM.

My background is as a pleasure fisherman, but I do not tend to get enough time, these days, for anything other than short sessions at my club lakes, or local commercial waters, plus the occasional short break, where I have to combine fishing with "the family". I used to fish club matches, many years ago, but now I only tend to fish a couple of matches a year that take place from my work.

I am due to fish a match at Colemans and was wondering if anyone has got any "hot" tips, for the venue? I have fished there before, both times in matches, but didn't fare too well against the opposition (I caught fish, but was propping up the section). I'm not a pole fisherman, so my apprioach will be with a feeder (using a MAP quick change pellet feeder) and a pellet waggler, as back up.

Is there any particular type of pellet that is doing the business, or should I be trying something different, like bread, or corn? Also, does a "splasher" type float do any good here - I haven't seen anyone using one here before, so assume not?

I know that I am going to have a good day out, but would be good to get a few more fish in the net.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Steven

fordy81

Reaction score
Fished 2 of the lakes, Cottage Lake and Copse, only as a pleasure angler though.

Had a fair few fish in the margin on Copse, waggler, corn over pellet. Got into some nice crucians too.

A few match reports here if that's any help

Colemans Cottage Fishery Notice Board