Hot Weather and Changes

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Not much. I either come home around 2:00pm when it's just too hot or I don't go out until around 3pm and fish the evening.

A full day is just a no-no in this heat and with the risk of skin cancer!

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Fishing wise, virtually all my stillwater and river fishing has been up in the water style. Today for instance I fished a small pit and was catching roach on wagg and mag set 6" deep. Yesterday the dace and roach were also cruising at half depth on the Thames. The heat certainly brings the fish up, I havent touched a feeder rod for weeks, it's all been on the float, which I much prefer.

C

chefster

Yeah Gaz, get the shirt off for a 5hr match and be the brownest stiff in the mortuary! :thumbs:

Whats the difference between sunbathing on holiday or taking you,re shirt off fishing,as long as you,re sensible????:confused::confused:

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sensible is the key word Gaz. I don't sunbathe on holiday or at home and I fish in long sleeves and a Tilley Hat and use Factor 50 on the exposed bits.

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
Sensible is the key word Gaz.

I got burnt sun bathing in the garden today, don't know why i do it, i know it always hurts after, but, i never learn. Wife.s slapping after sun on me and muttering profanities and calling me Dumb, Stupid, Pratt etc etc ....... at least she's happy :D

Stay sensible and remember to cover up when the suns at it's highest.

---------- Post added at 22:04 ---------- Previous post was at 22:00 ----------

I often think about how i will approach the waters i fished when the weather was really hot, i used to get up really early and be there for first light, but, i really believe that as a fisherman i was really lazy and never really put enough effort and thought in to what and how i would fish.

I wish i would be more productive with my short periods of fishing.