How do you keep bread fresh in this warm sunny weather

B

berniewood

I'm a big fan of just using bread as a bait on the hook, but never have i used it in such red hot climate weather like we are currently having, not complaining by the way, but how can i keep my many slices of bread safe from drying up and keeping them as fresh as possible.

dead peg

Reaction score
I store 3 slices in each sandwich bag then keep them bags in a carrier style cooler bag (asda sell silver cooler bags at the till). I keep the cooler bag in my seat box and take out as needed. I put the cooler bag in the freezer for a few hours before I go fishing , this helps keep it cold. The stay fresh for ages and it also keeps my drinks & food cold. :D

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
If using for hook bait then I leave one slice out on my side tray but under the cover of a damp (not soaking wet) tea towell.

The rest stay in sandwich bags in my bait bag with the zips closed until needed to be opened to retrive more bread.

keora

Reaction score
Take two plastic bags, put one slice of bread in one of the bags, the rest in the other bag.

Keep the bag with the main stash of bread in your rucksack or seat bag, away from the sun.

Use the other bag with the single slice each time you put some on the hook. The slice will slowly dry up, so you then replace it with a fresh slice from the main supply of bread.